fired after 2 days on the job

broadway

Full time employment: Posting here.
I started a new job on Monday.
Clerical position in an e-commerce company of two people locally.

I get a call on my cell phone after I left work today telling me to not come back.

Apparently, the owner who is in Florida and had hired me sight unseen did not care for my demeanor/attitude from what he saw on the office camera.

This is a first! :facepalm:

I get a call on my cell phone after I left work today telling me to not come back.

Apparently, the owner who is in Florida and had hired me sight unseen did not care for my demeanor/attitude from what he saw on the office camera.

whaaat? seriously? :rolleyes:

Obviously this calls for pics before any kind of determination/evaluation can be arrived at.

That's better than showing up and then getting fired.

After 10 years of self-employment, I wouldn't have lasted a day, especially under those working conditions. Congrats on lasting two days! 🙄

Job?

What is that?

Need to learn technique of dropping something on floor, then take swig from Geritol bottle before getting up.
[emoji1]

Nailed by the office peeping Tom camera. Good that you found out on first day.!

I should say the office camera was not hidden.

But I didn't think too much of it until the office manager told me that factored into the decision to fire me.

The other person in the office was the shipping manager. I was suppose to learn from him.

What were you doing? Making funny faces behind the other person.
How can they tell attitude from a video?

That's better than showing up and then getting fired.

I know somebody that this almost happened to. He was interviewed and hired by a director of a 15 person company. On his first day the company owner (a miserable little dictator) decided to informally interview him and told the director to fire the guy. Director talked El-Diablo out of it.

Hope you don't end up on one of those hidden camera episodes on TV.

Yes, inquiring minds want to know!

He caught me very tired after a long day. I was trying hard to stay interested, but I was worn out.

It may also be that you are expected to work 8 hours without taking lunch.
That's what the other two does. They eat at their desks.

What were you doing? Making funny faces behind the other person.
How can they tell attitude from a video?

This really is the burning question we all want to know the answer to.

Sounds like it's good it didn't last... kind of a creepy place to work.

I keep getting asked to go back to work @ a tech startup... do you think they want me back so they can fire me too?

He caught me very tired after a long day. I was trying hard to stay interested, but I was worn out.

It may also be that you are expected to work 8 hours without taking lunch.
That's what the other two does. They eat at their desks.

Uh-oh, what does that mean exactly, sleeping on your desk, complaining about working through lunch. A lot of people where I work eat at their desks and work.
This is a shame, is it your first job or just going back after being out of work for years.

look at the bright side.. you are now eligible for unemployment.

Taking the employer's perspective, if you are not excited, active and eager in your first couple of days, you're not excited, active or eager.

The person who was in the job before me was also fired, although I got the impression she lasted weeks instead of days. She left behind a notebook of notes. :)

Taking the employer's perspective, if you are not excited, active and eager in your first couple of days, you're not excited, active or eager.

I was excited.

He didn't think I was.

And apparently the previous employee wasn't "excited", "active", or "eager" either. LOL.

I am not sure anyone would come away looking "excited", "active", or "eager" 24/7 or in this case every minute of every 480 minutes that he/she is in the office being observed.

The more I think about it the more the idea of a video camera is rather creepy.

And just what sort of severance package was offered ?

Where did you find this gem of an employer ? Monster.com ?

Did they have a check waiting for you ?

Good thing you found out early about the bat-excrement-crazy owner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom