Fired For Being Too Hot

While it is bad that the dentist was not able to control his sexual desire, he was honest in admitting his weakness.

And about letting the woman go, I think it has bad publicity, but it is the prerogative of her employer. Suppose you have had the same lawn mowing guy or a house cleaning woman for 10 years, are you required to keep them forever if they do a good job?

But I wonder, had his wife not seen the text messages, would have had admitted his weakness or still be pursuing his desires. He might have felt, "my hand got caught in the cookie jar, so now I have to come clean and fire her".

Last edited:
But I wonder, had his wife not seen the text messages, would have had admitted his weakness or still be pursuing his desires. He might have felt, "my hand got caught in the cookie jar, so now I have to come clean and fire her".

Once again, busted by an electronic trail....

Eh, I thought he was only eyeing the cookie jar, and had twitchy fingers, but had not reached in yet.

Or are you implying something more than was officially reported? :cool:

My dentist for the last 23 years has had a knack for hiring young, cute women as his assistants. But they, like all the employees in his bery small practice (other than his wife who worked as his receptionist), had to wear smocks or scrubs as they interacted with patients undergoing treatment while in the dental chair. All anyone could see of them was their heads and hands sticking out from those very unflattering outfits, so if they were wearing anything revealing underneath nobody could see it!

Eh, I thought he was only eyeing the cookie jar, and had twitchy fingers, but had not reached in yet.

Or are you implying something more than was officially reported? :cool:

No..not implying more. Thanks for the correction. But his own admission, its was more than only his eyes that noticed.

My ex fired her assistant (my ex-mistress) and it ended up costing me a car & trip to Europe. In retrospect that and the Divorce was money well spent!

It sounds like the dentist's wife was the problem. What a shrew!

I hope the restaurant the dental assistant is now employed at as a waitress understands they are obligated to provide her with employment for eternity.

Suppose you have had the same lawn mowing guy or a house cleaning woman for 10 years, are you required to keep them forever if they do a good job?
Only in France.

And California...

My dentist for the last 23 years has had a knack for hiring young, cute women as his assistants.
Our daughter's pediatric dentist used to do the same-- he had 18 cute young hygienists, receptionists, and insurance clerks on his staff. Our joke caption for his Christmas card group portrait used to be "Why is this man smiling?"

It turns out that the two cute young women on either side of him in this photo... are his twin daughters. As soon as they graduated from dental school he turned the business over to them, and he retired.

He's really smilin' now!

Attachments

• Why is this man smiling.jpg
    Why is this man smiling.jpg
    581.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
... its was more than only his eyes that noticed.
Umm.... Are you talkin' about the male physiological reflex that this poor dentist exhibited? :cool:

Well, as a man, surely you know how, umm..., things can work involuntarily, as a reaction to certain visual stimuli. And until we know what this man really [-]saw[/-] was subjected to, we should not judge so quickly. Just sayin'.... :angel:

Last edited:
Umm.... Are you talkin' about the male physiological reflex that this poor dentist exhibited? :cool:

Well, as a man, surely you know how, umm..., things can work involuntarily, as a reaction to certain visual stimuli. And until we know what this man really [-]saw[/-] was subjected to, we should not judge so quickly. Just sayin'.... :angel:

Just sayin', huh. The poor guy. I'm surprised he and his wife hasn't filed a lawsuit against her for his pain and suffering :facepalm:

Now you are talkin'. :cool:

We do not really know who was sexually harassing whom, do we? :angel:

:hide:

This was a topic this AM on one of the news stations (CNN?) and someone noted that the dentist had hired a replacement for the "hot" ex-employee and that new employee was a woman. This somehow helped him win the case.

My initial thought was that the new employee must feel pretty "plain-Jane", but a job's a job.

This was a topic this AM on one of the news stations (CNN?) and someone noted that the dentist had hired a replacement for the "hot" ex-employee and that new employee was a woman. This somehow helped him win the case.

My initial thought was that the new employee must feel pretty "plain-Jane", but a job's a job.
Wonder if the replacement said to him "How dare you insult my appearance?"

I dunno. Few women are really a vamp, meaning with universal attractiveness. Most ordinary women appeal only to some men. That's why they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So, if a woman is not the type of a certain man, and vice versa of course, there is nothing wrong with her, or him.

It should be noted that in the dentist case, he worked with the assistant for 10 years. That's a long time. Obviously, it grows on him. Perhaps he should rotate assistants every few years. And let that be a lesson to other men.

Last edited:
"OK, this time it's your turn to be on top!"
That's just not what people mean when they talk about rotating employees to different positions! :facepalm:

If you were in a supervisory role at a megacorp, you would be a nightmare for the HR department. :nonono:

Last edited:
That's just not what people mean when they talk about rotating employees to different positions! :facepalm:
Well, I figured everyone had already heard the punchline about "Sure, but just make up your mind so I can set up the dentist's chair"...

If you were in a supervisory role at a megacorp, you would be a nightmare for the HR department. :nonono:
Gosh, is it still a mystery why I retired as early as I could?

The woman who got fired for "being too sexy" will be a guest on "CBS This Morning - Saturday" on 1/5.

I suspect if she'd been fired for being ugly, somehow the media would manage to relegate her story to radio.

I am not a lawyer, and in particular, I have no knowledge of US law. However, the point I would make is the one month's severance pay after a period of employment lasting 10 years. That does not seem just.

Perhaps one of the forum's legal eagles can comment.

I agree it is not just but it is legal. As far as I know, he wasn't obligated to give her anything.

Back
Top Bottom