Firefox 3.0

Danny

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anyone download the latest Firefox (3.0) browser?

Notice much difference...any problems...

I'm thinking about going with it...but would like to read some feedback before I do...

Uncle Honey posted a thread on it, and I downloaded it yesterday.
Funny thing, the only problem I've noticed is on this site, I've had a number of times when it just stopped.
But I like it overall.

Made the change last night . Did not need to uninstall 2.whatever, installed 3 and passwords transferred. Adblock plus, IE tab and Tab Mix Plus extensions are available but many have not been updated. So far, knock on wood, keep your powder dry, no wooden nickels. Neat star to the right of address url to add bookmark.

I also downloaded it yesterday and had, on two or three occasions, the same problem Sarah mentioned. On this site only, when I click to another page it will 'flash' the page for a split second, then go blank and say "stopped" in the lower left. If I hit the back arrow it then loads the page almost instantly.

No other problems.

I thought the problems with site I have been having were unique to my system but, I see they are not. Switching to 2d or subsequent pages just goes to a blank screen. Also when going to "new postings" gives some weird formatted screens. Hopefully, it will clear up soon. Only this site seems to suffer.

I'm using it now and haven't noticed any problems with this site --- yet.

The expanded history capability is pretty cool. When you start typing something in the location bar, the drop-down menu appears with sites from your history that have those letters in them. The more you type the more restricted the list. If you remember part of a URL you can easily find it again without recourse to bookmarks or Google searches.

I use it on PC, I think it will work on both. I like it better than both IE and Firefox. It seems faster, and I don't use the plugins for Firefox. As I said I also use the Avant browser. Avant Browser::Home I like it because I can define multiple home pages. I have 5 pages that open in tabs when I open the broswer. It too is a very fast browser. The intital load time seem faster and the reload after a closing the browser seem realy fast.

I use it on PC, I think it will work on both. I like it better than both IE and Firefox. It seems faster, and I don't use the plugins for Firefox. As I said I also use the Avant browser. Avant Browser::Home I like it because I can define multiple home pages. I have 5 pages that open in tabs when I open the broswer. It too is a very fast browser. The intital load time seem faster and the reload after a closing the browser seem realy fast.
I'll check them both out and give a test ride..thanks

I am using Firefox 3.0 and have not had any problems with it.

I have not noticed it being any faster or slower.

I'm not a fan of all the extra information in the address bar when typing in a site.

-Raymond

No problem with 3.0 so far but I've not tried any of the new features. I occasionally see a strange black and white screen when a new page loads but the glimpse is so brief that I can't make out any details.

I am using Firefox 3.0 and have not had any problems with it.

I have not noticed it being any faster or slower.

I'm not a fan of all the extra information in the address bar when typing in a site.

-Raymond

I just love that feature, and already miss it on the other computer.

Having same problems as some of you with FF3. I first had the problems in FF3.0RC1, and thought it would go away by the final release, but I see it has not.

Something on this site (probably an advert?), and this site only (of the sites I visit), causes FF3 to search for non-existent cached content. You'll see your page load, then a blank page and hitting the back button once or twice will fix the problem. It gets a bit annoying as it happens fairly consistently for me (every 2-3 hits)

Trying to figure out if there's some configuration or setting that can fix this, but no luck so far...

I think I'm going to wait for Firefox 3.0 and Early Retire to sync up before installing...the reports here and the ones on the crazy bunny's thread have convinced me to wait for either Firefox 3.1 or ER's vBulletin® Version 3.7.2...in the meantime scientists in my laboratory continue researching Avant and Opera...

Last edited:
I think I'm going to wait for Firefox 3.0 and Early Retire to sync up before installing...the reports here and the ones on the crazy bunny's thread have convinced me to wait for either Firefox 3.1 or ER's vBulletin® Version 3.7.2...in the meantime scientists in my laboratory continue researching Avant and Opera...

My experience is the bug is very minor and occurs infrequently - maybe 1-2 times out of 25 page loads. When it does happen and I end up with a blank page, hitting the back button instantly corrects the problem. The increased speed of v3.0 is enough to offset any minor irritation from this bug - at least for me.

My experience is the bug is very minor and occurs infrequently - maybe 1-2 times out of 25 page loads. When it does happen and I end up with a blank page, hitting the back button instantly corrects the problem. The increased speed of v3.0 is enough to offset any minor irritation from this bug - at least for me.

Yes, very rarely.

I just got it when paging "back one page"-- Blank screen, Stopped in lower left corner and this in the "go to" wyciwyg://4/http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/search.php?searchid=437616. Note the "wyciwyg://4/" was not in the go to but is when I "copy" it here (what you see is what you get://4/).

I'm trying Firefox 3.0 right now - not having any problems so far with the Forum

Danny - it does seem to be better this morning..... Well, prove me wrong. Just after saying that and going back to "new posts" it went blank, stopped, etc. Had to come back to the forum again.

Still the only site that does it (to me).

Back
Top Bottom