Firefox - why are my "Remember Me" logins being forgotten?

gindie

Full time employment: Posting here.
Doesn't seem to happen in a predictable manner, but has happened at least once on almost all websites (including this one) where I have clicked the "Remember my login" box.

Also, I seem to have to re-subscribe to Newsgroups on an occasional basis.

Any ideas why this is happening? I am not changing any Firefox settings

This happen to me every time I run CCleaner. Are you running a similar program periodically to clear out the junk?

Doesn't seem to happen in a predictable manner, but has happened at least once on almost all websites (including this one) where I have clicked the "Remember my login" box.

Also, I seem to have to re-subscribe to Newsgroups on an occasional basis.

Any ideas why this is happening? I am not changing any Firefox settings

Run "msconfig" and see what is actually running all the time and at start up. Several things will do it ccleaner is one but there are many. You may have something like ccleaner or other 3d party software to run in the back ground that you do not even notice. Almost anything having to do with "tune up" programs may do it.

If you use Firefox and use the CookieCuller addon (an excellent one!), you not only have to protect all the cookies from early-retirement.org but also one that starts with www.early-retirement.org

I've experienced this also. Sometimes, firefox will remember two or more user name/password combinations for a particular site. In that case it doesn't enter anything until you put in one of the user names.

To fix that, or to check out what passwords have been saved, choose Tools/Options/Security/Saved Passwords.

Back
Top Bottom