FleeAmerica.com

Eagle43

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
http://www.progressive.org/jan05/ehren0105.html

I suspect some will love this article by .Barbara Ehrenreich in Progressive Magazine. Very sarcastic view of U.S., especially current administration. It's pretty long, but here's just a taste.. :)

Governmental preferences: I enjoy (check all that apply):

1. leadership from within the reality-based community

2. voting on machines manufactured by a major contributor to the Republican Party (Diebold, for example) after waiting 4 hours in the rain

3. scientific medical care as a supplement to prayer

4. rule of law, any law

GREAT! You're halfway there! We'll e-mail you your country match tomorrow.

Of course, some of your friends and family may choose to remain behind. There are people who take a somewhat inflexible view of "patriotism," just as there are people who never give up on their first, childish, seventh-grade object of infatuation. Perversely, these diehards think it's their RESPONSIBILITY to remain in their country of origin just as it becomes an international source of terror and a mockery of democratic governance. Whether out of masochism or misdirected altruism, they feel OBLIGED to stay and straighten things out.

To them we say: Can't you take a hint? Would you loiter at a party where gross drunken acts are being performed and, on top of that, people are dissing you everywhere you turn?

We also say to them: Bravo and hasta la vista! We'll be back when you've got America, as we knew it, up and running again.

I am far from a mind-numbed patriot, and not even a
"my country right or wrong" guy. However, with all
its flaws and defects I can't see anywhere I would be happier as a permanent resident. I recognize the appeal of many other places, and at our income level a very low COL looks pretty good. But, I am a big advocate
of our Constitution and Bill of Rights. They still give me
comfort even as they are being assaulted from all sides. I suppose some day I might have seen enough and want out, but I wouldn't know where to go and by
then I would much too old anyway. Guess I will just stay here and complain :)

JG

I gotta roll with JG on this one, warts and all, the U.S. still seems to be the greatest country in the world to me. Fleeing America instead of staying and trying to fix it seems downright, well....unAmerican ;)

Guess I will just stay here and complain

Complain? JG, say it will never happen! :-X

Couldn't resist.

MJ ;)

Back
Top Bottom