For currently married MEN only. MUST be married for at least 10 years.

Are you happy with your wife?

• Best thing that ever happened to me

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Very happy

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • OK

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Not really, but it's not bad

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • It was a mistake

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • I'm still around because of the kids

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm still here, but not much longer

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

Sam

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Requirements:

Must be male.
Must be married today.
Must be married for at least 10 years.

That's me............... :LOL: :LOL:

Hang on a minute while I go check with my wife...

I think you need to add - view results; no vote

I am ineligible to vote (<10 years) but I will be very interested in the results. This subject is near and dear to me as things are rocky and this could result in the end of both FI and RE for a good while.

For some reason I can't see the results without voting either.

mickeyd said:
I have often said that the $10 that I invested in a marriage license in Syracuse, NY in 1970 was the absolute best investment that I have ever made.

Heh, when DW and I got married in Ohio, we had to go to the county courthouse to get our marriage license. Before they would give it to us, we had to answer three questions:

1) Are you currently intoxicated?
2) Do you have syphillis?
3) Are you more closely related than 3rd cousins?

:LOL:

This poll needs instructions.

"For those not answering (1), please install protective headgear prior to entering your answer".

How do I set up a poll. I think we should have the same poll for the married women on the board.

All I want to know is how Brewer answered the questions.

Brewer, DH & I married in Ohio also.... we had to take a blood test for syphillis. I don't recall answering the other 2 Q's you had, but we did have to answer something akin to
• Are you an idiot?

Bram said:
I don't recall answering the other 2 Q's you had, but we did have to answer something akin to
• Are you an idiot?

Of course, who but an idiot would be getting married? :)

Ha

HaHa said:
Of course, who but an idiot would be getting married? :)

Ha

I liked the part where I had the same girlfriend for 29 years.

heh heh heh heh heh heh

Thank you all for your vote. The results are beyond my imagination. What we have here is a group of luckiest men on earth. May be you guys can share the secret to the few unlucky ones (myself include). How did you choose your mate? Was it luck or was it hard work?

Heard on the Imus show the other morning that the Ladies Home Journal Magizine completed a survey where over 50% of married women are unhappy in their marriages and over half of that number would not marry the same person again, given the choice. Interesting stats.

Was happily married for 15 years then 10 progressively bad years.

Current wife has been fabulous for 11.5 years. Hope to make it past 15 years this time...

reminds me of a Henny Youngman line: my wife and i were happy for 20 years, then we got married.

Sam said:
How did you choose your mate? Was it luck or was it hard work?
She's a major babe. She chose me. So she was lucky, and I managed to also turn it into hard work...

Many unhappily married couples get divorced early on, so those men would not be represented in this survey. So I would not use the numbers in this survey to tell you what the chances of being happy in marriage are because of the survivorship bias.

Kramer

Got married when I was just 19. 30 years later, still a great thing.

kramer said:
Many unhappily married couples get divorced early on, so those men would not be represented in this survey. So I would not use the numbers in this survey to tell you what the chances of being happy in marriage are because of the survivorship bias.

Kramer

Could it also be that hapiness in marriage also results better financial achievement? Leading to participation/membership in this forum?

Back
Top Bottom