For those of you who celebrate the US Thanksgiving....

Cooking all of the traditional fare for our two sons, one daughter-in-law and two grandsons. Plan to boil down the turkey carcass over the weekend for a turkey-andouille sausage gumbo. Will watch the LSU - Texas A&M game after the big meal, with DW and I pulling for the Tigers and DS #2 rooting for his Aggies. Should be fun.

... Lots of kids running around and the usual lively family dynamics. :)

The way we are going, in another 20 years, if I last that long, our extended family potluck will be just a bunch of geezers with canes or in wheelchairs, and a bunch of middle-aged with dour faces. We only have a single baby, my grandniece, among my and my wife's married nieces and nephews. And the eldest among them are in the 40s already.

My grandniece will not have any cousin to play with as she grows up. Poor baby!

My grandniece will not have any cousin to play with as she grows up. Poor baby!
Cousins are over-rated! Easy for me to say, I suppose, since I have 19 cousins. :)
Will watch the LSU - Texas A&M game after the big meal, with DW and I pulling for the Tigers and DS #2 rooting for his Aggies. Should be fun.
Uh oh! This being Louisiana Frank's whole family will be backing the Tigers, but I have three degrees from A&M College Station. Good thing I'm not into football. :)

Cousins are over-rated! Easy for me to say, I suppose, since I have 19 cousins. :)
I was talking about cousins like my daughter and my niece who are the same age, and grow up seeing each other all the time.

My daughter and my niece are best friends. Now their husbands also get along well, and the four of them hang out all the time. I am pleased to see that.

I have many cousins, most of them I have never met. The ones I knew growing up, I have not seen in a while, and we now have little in common.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom