"Free Magnifier with LED Light" (Reverse Mortgage)

ShokWaveRider

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Do these advertisers think we (Old Retired Folk) are stupid and/or Gullible? Thinking we would get a Reverse Mortgage just for the free gift. Somehow ignoring the costly fees and poor financial viability.

I am the only one who's gears are seriously ground by these patronizing ads aimed at seniors?

Let's not forget the once famous actors selling their souls for some $$$ , promoting these things....

The latest one I saw, the actor keeps looking down to his right just before telling another lie.

Well sure but magnifiers with lights are the cat's meow.
Very useful while eating one of those free chicken dinners.

Not just a magnifier but with LED light. Really rolling out the red carpet.

I actually called just to get that magnifier! Surprise, surprise, it didn't come. I called back and the rep flat-out said to me that they are in the business of lending, not giving away magnifiers. I mentioned the commercial only required I make the call, and grudgingly she took down my information and I got it a few days later. Yes, I have too much time on my hands, but it made for fun posts on Facebook to my friends.

I actually called just to get that magnifier! Surprise, surprise, it didn't come. I called back and the rep flat-out said to me that they are in the business of lending, not giving away magnifiers. I mentioned the commercial only required I make the call, and grudgingly she took down my information and I got it a few days later. Yes, I have too much time on my hands, but it made for fun posts on Facebook to my friends.

Let's ALL get magnifiers!!

Don't forget many of us here are of the generation that responded to the "get 10 records for $.99" ads. #Columbiarecordclub.

Don't forget many of us here are of the generation that responded to the "get 10 records for $.99" ads. #Columbiarecordclub.
I built a pretty nice library of science/biology books in my college days with offers like this from book clubs. Because of my biology interests Field and Stream had some nice selections. Got the first set of 4-6 books then bought the one required before canceling. A few months later when there were new selections I signed up again. I wasn't interested in trapping or shooting but the track ID, tree ID, and animal habit books were interesting.

Cheers!

Well, I can tell you that my 90 year old Dad has fallen for quite a few of these types of scams...and he's still pretty lucid, especially for his age. I can also tell you by his emails, phone calls, and direct mailers that there is A LOT of money in scamming older folks. If you think it can't happen to you (or someone you love), then you are living in a hole.

Well, I can tell you that my 90 year old Dad has fallen for quite a few of these types of scams...and he's still pretty lucid, especially for his age. I can also tell you by his emails, phone calls, and direct mailers that there is A LOT of money in scamming older folks. If you think it can't happen to you (or someone you love), then you are living in a hole.

My FIL had two money orders all ready to mail to someone overseas before my BIL caught it. He at one time was high level exec at Megacorp. It can happen to anyone.

you are such a tease. How do we get the free magnifier with LED light?

Will you need that magnifier glass with LED light to read the fine print of the contract?

Back
Top Bottom