Free Solo Nat Geo Documentary!!!

Something I cannot comprehend. It does not compute. The height draws me towards it, as though I have no control. If I look over a cliff, it feels like a magnet is drawing me to the bottom. This all started on our honeymoon 35 years ago at Mayan ruins. I climbed tiny steps to top of ruin, walked around to the back, not paying attention, and the drop off came out of nowhere, into the rocks in the ocean. It's taken this long for me to feel comfortable on a ledge.

Weird how one experience can change your life.

Did you land clear of the rocks or were you stopped from taking that leap?
I don’t know what it is about heights that makes me feel similar.
I also enjoyed the doc. Amazing.
Another great climbing movie (not a doc, but based on a true story) is North Face.

Did you land clear of the rocks or were you stopped from taking that leap?
I don’t know what it is about heights that makes me feel similar.
I also enjoyed the doc. Amazing.
Another great climbing movie (not a doc, but based on a true story) is North Face.
Oh, sorry. I did not fall over. I dropped to my knees, sweating and shaking and crawled down the stairs while other tourists stared at me. I 100% identify with "High Anxiety" the Mel Brooks movie. This is embarrassing. When we went to Yosemite, the road into Yosemite...I was in a fetal position in backseat on the floor with my eyes shut in a panicked state. DH drove calmly and confidently along the road with no guardrails, no shoulder to pull over, campers and trucks coming in the opposite direction on a thin two lane road (that's how I ended up in the backseat on the floor). How he stayed married to me is a mystery. He has no fear of heights.

I saw the doc an believe that that guy is not only an incredible athlete, but also has nerves of steel.

Not to diminish his accomplishments, but I successfully parked in Trader Joe's parking lot today around 5pm.

Based on other recommendations in this thread, I’ve now watched The Dawn Wall, Meru, and Valley Uprising. All were just great and my palms were sweating through each one just like Free Solo.
Thanks for the recommendations!

I watched Meru, The Dawn Wall and of course, Free Solo. These young men supersede any super hero. I'm able to concentrate and put myself in their experience (as long as it's on TV or IMAX). In the real world, I'm mush. I guess that's the beauty of imagination.

I watched Free Solo but then was afraid that if I tried to get off my sofa I'd plummet to my death.

Back
Top Bottom