Funniest gift you ever gave ....

Steelart99

Recycles dryer sheets
So when my younger brother turned 50, it just seemed that something extra special was need to 'help' him celebrate the event. The gift from my older brother and myself was to have a 2 ton rock placed in my brother's private parking space (at his business). His employees gladly helped paint it black along with various expected sayings painted in white. :dance:
The truly special part was that he then had to pay someone to move it (a couple weeks later) plus he dug out his pressure washer to clean off the paint .... which promptly broke, so it cost him to repair it. His employees now get to use it as seating in his business's garden area. :LOL:
It's nice that it cost him more than for us to give it to him!!! Joke gifts are a bit of a tradition in our family.

So ... what "special" or funny gifts have you given to someone you Love? :angel:

I gave my wife a scented candle and scratch-it tickets for Valentines Day. Wouldn't consider that a "funny' gift as it did not go over too well. I learned a big lesson on that one.

In the days before the internet there were sheets of off-color jokes circulated around the office (if you were in the loop). Since my FIL had that sort of sense of humor, we made about 5 dozen homemade fortune cookies and filled them with these jokes. All of the traditional subjects were covered - blondes, lawyers, various races and religions, rednecks, etc.
He remembers this even now, 35 years later.

Another gift I gave my young brother when he was perhaps 8 years old was my penny collection, in an empty muscatel bottle . Must have been around 5 years or more worth of pennies. It was very meaningful and fun for my brother. This must have been around 1979, when a bottle of pennies was worth something.

Oh, another "funny" gift I gave my buddy was after he called me to tell me he had a new girlfriend. I went to the store and bought a condom for him. Took it home and jabbed a big hole through the package and the condom. Then enclosed it in a "So You're Having a Baby" card and sent it to him.

About 2 months later he called and told us he was getting married because the new girlfriend was pregnant. I have no guilty feelings because even to this day I believe my friend was smarter than to use the violated protection I sent him.....

When my friend got married, I bought a box of trash bags (the big 30-gallon ones) and wrapped it up real pretty.

I added a gift card. "For those ridiculous things your new husband thinks worthy of taking up room in the bedroom closet."

A can of bull$hit repellent to a senior Phd who was heading to China on a grant.

If any of you watch the Today show on NBC in the morning, as we do, you will notice a number of people holding up signs that say Today in one corner and "Art Skills" in the other.
Well for Valentine's Day, I called up Art Skills and asked if they could send me one of the posters, explaining I was in California and could not make it to 30 Rock. Well, a nice lady named Helen, not only sent me a poster, but a bunch of stuff to decorate it. I wrote "Happy Valentine's Day" on it and brought it out as we were watching the Today show on the 14th.

Our family "tradition" revolved more around the packaging than the gift. My maternal grandmother was renowned for shaking, peeling corners of paper, weighing, etc. in effort to determine what was in her gift wrapped presents. One year, we welded two large coffee cans together--inside were pieces of brick and the opener for her new electric garage door opener. That started the tradition.

Another example, concrete blocks in big box with jewelry inside.

MIL hates calls from politicians. So I disguise my voice as a state or national politician and call her for a chat. She doesn't have a clue that it's me. So I took it a step further - I ordered a bottle of wine with a custom label of her favorite politician and dropped it off at her door with a note "thanks for your support"

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I made a $2 cash contribution to the political candidate a BIL vehemently and vocally hates, just to make sure he got lots of mail. I know, I know, that's just plain mean.:D

I made a $2 cash contribution to the political candidate a BIL vehemently and vocally hates, just to make sure he got lots of mail. I know, I know, that's just plain mean.:D

That is COLD. :LOL: Will BIL easily deduce who did it?

Back
Top Bottom