Gas Prices

Cheapest I've seen around here in my part of Texas is $1.449. But living in an oil patch, people aren't really celebrating it too much.

At the nearest Costco, it's $1.65/gallon. I think it never got that low in the Great Recession of 2008-2009.

Speaking of gas prices, in Maui we chatted with a young couple from Australia during a hike. They said the local gas price was awfully high. Surely, it was $2.50 in late 2015, higher than in mainland, but was that so bad? Then, I discovered that they did not know that the price was per gallon, not per liter, and I told them that a gallon was 3.8 liters. It was the first time they were to the US.

Last time I was out (snowed in now) it was $1.99 but I see on gasbuddy.com that it has dropped to $1.89. WV taxes fuel more than most states.

About a buck a gallon higher here in California than I see you guys quoting. Depending on where you are;
Napa 2.65
Sacramento 2.25
Placerville 2.45

I've seen Diesel as low as $1.99 but usually $2.19

Just filled for $.639. Should have been $1.209 I had 57 cents a gallon from loyalty card.

Just filled for $.639. Should have been $1.209 I had 57 cents a gallon from loyalty card.

Wow, that's great!

Gas is $1.37 at my neighborhood Exxon this morning. I still have half a tank, though, so I'll wait. Who knows, it could be lower by the time I need gas.

I'm seeing some $1.39 around here. I understand the Bay Area in California finally had some $1.99 sightings. Of course, we live in an oil patch so this cheap gas comes with some local economic pain.

Back
Top Bottom