Gone fishing

One basic rule with artificial worms, light worms on light days, dark worms on overcast days. If the bass are on top, topwater fishing with Rapalas or something similar is outstanding. Very exciting when a bass inhales a Rapala on the surface. Toss the Rapala over to near the resting bass, let the ripples clear, then a light twitch or two and see what the fish does. If they turn with interest then another twitch or a slow retrieve. What is really fun is to pitch the Rapala into a group of bass and let it sit for a moment. Then the twitch, the bass are very competitive, if one charges they will all charge. I have caught them two at a time on occasion. I live in a trout/salmon oriented area in the pacific northwest but bass fishing is deep down my true love.

A pig and jig with a "flippin" stick is also great fun........:) I use a 7 foot ultralight spinning reel with 8 pound spider wire for open water bass fishing, and cast small rapalas that rattle, drives them nuts........:)

. I have caught them two at a time on occasion.
Once while I was using a Rapala, I caught a bluegill...while I was reeling it in, a bass grabbed the bluegill. I managed to get both of them in the boat through my laughter! :LOL:

Once while I was using a Rapala, I caught a bluegill...while I was reeling it in, a bass grabbed the bluegill. I managed to get both of them in the boat through my laughter! :LOL:

That's a neat trick. I had that happen with a 2 pound bass and a 12 pound northern pike, and I got them both in........;)

Another good one was when I was using a jig and minnow combo with a stinger hook, and caught 2 walleye on the same jig, one hitting the main hook and one the stinger hook and each were about 2 pounds........:D

Yeah, well once while I was trolling (no, not on this forum) in my boat, three bass swam up and hooked themselves on my stringer...:whistle:

"WOW!!! the tires on the sunny side of the bus are always 7 degrees hotter and 2 PSI higher than the shady side." Or, "can you believe I filled that left rear inner dual 1 lb less than the others? Gotta be more careful."

I'll bet this is a lot like your commentary in the operating room.

Back
Top Bottom