Thanks, Intro, FIRE soon

When I spoke with my boss early Monday morning he was surprised, then supportive. He asked me to consider a sabbatical or leave instead of resigning. He asked me to wait a few hours and keep it to myself.

He didn't get back with me for the rest of the day, and then had a director in another part of our business resign. I believe he connected it to me in his mind because the other director used to work for me, and came to HQ1 at the same time I did from HQ2. At 6:30pm he answered a text from me asking for an update. He said he didn't have a chance to talk to his boss (our CEO).

Early this morning I sent a nice email outlining the conversation and my plans to my boss with our CEO and head of HR on cc. I let him know I was anxious for some feedback and direction, and was open to options like a sabbatical. The decision came early this afternoon. The went for for two weeks and have me pay back the relo money.

I have mixed feelings, and would have like the extra $$, but I'm excited to be done next week. I was asked to keep it confidential until Monday when my boss and I are in the office together. I will have my direct reports over to the boat and drink some beers sometime next week.

Overall, somewhat anti-climatic. The best is yet to come.

Congrats, it looks like the stage is set for your next adventure to begin :)

Probably the best scenario other than having to pay back a little money. Once you are free, you will never look back. Happy for you and jealous! Have fun with your trip. Post some updates!

Quick update while I’m going 8mph on autopilot headed up the Hudson River.

We’ve been full time on the boat for about a month now. It has been great. I pretty much stopped thinking about work a few days before my last day. I do get a few texts from my team every week, but they are just checking in on our trip.

The highlight so far was spending a week dock in Hoboken and exploring NYC. We took the kids everywhere... a Broadway show, Central Park, Statue of Liberty, Natural History Museum. Very different, but also very cool was Tangier Island. It is like stepping back in time.

Today we will hit the start of the Erie Canal.

Quick update while I’m going 8mph on autopilot headed up the Hudson River.

We’ve been full time on the boat for about a month now. It has been great. I pretty much stopped thinking about work a few days before my last day. I do get a few texts from my team every week, but they are just checking in on our trip.

The highlight so far was spending a week dock in Hoboken and exploring NYC. We took the kids everywhere... a Broadway show, Central Park, Statue of Liberty, Natural History Museum. Very different, but also very cool was Tangier Island. It is like stepping back in time.

Today we will hit the start of the Erie Canal.

I thoroughly enjoy following this thread. Thanks for the update. Happy for you. Happy father's day. I have been looking at Trawlers on line for a week now. I like the Mainship 40's. Hope to follow your lead in a few years. Please keep reporting on your great loop progress.

Wonderful story and sojourn, 4aboard.

I hope you sold in lieu of storage. Storage reminds me of getting my laundry done in western Europe at hotels.... I think I'd have saved money just tossing my crap and buying new at Carrefour. :nonono:

I thoroughly enjoy following this thread. Thanks for the update. Happy for you. Happy father's day. I have been looking at Trawlers on line for a week now. I like the Mainship 40's. Hope to follow your lead in a few years. Please keep reporting on your great loop progress.
Mainships seem to be the boat of choice for many loopers. I can see 4 or 5 right now from the boat parked outside the first lock at Waterford NY. We would have looked at them, but needed the third cabin because of our two kids (boy and girl).

Back
Top Bottom