Goodbye, Dolly

ziggy29

Moderator Emeritus
A couple of days ago it looked like we stood a good chance of getting a lot of rain from this storm.

But over the last 24 hours it's veered south of its previous expected path and now looks like it will hit northern Mexico instead of south Texas.

Guess I'll just get used to drinking dust from my back yard. We're starting to really hurt out here...

We have a severe drought in Georgia, too, so I fully understand the disappointment when it doesn't rain. Maybe we should learn to do a rain dance........
I promise never to complain again when it rains, no matter what I had planned to do outdoors....

It's easy to make it rain. Wax your car and leave it outside, set out a picnic lunch, get up at dawn to go fishing, go to a baseball game, or go camping with a tent that leaks.

All are guaranteed to make it rain.

A couple of days ago it looked like we stood a good chance of getting a lot of rain from this storm.

But over the last 24 hours it's veered south of its previous expected path and now looks like it will hit northern Mexico instead of south Texas.

Guess I'll just get used to drinking dust from my back yard. We're starting to really hurt out here...

I wouldn't completely write off Dolly if you live in coastal south Texas

Tropical Storm DOLLY

Looks like tropical storm warnings extend north nearly to Houston, and hurricane warnings extend well into south Texas. So, if you are near the coast, there's a chance that you might get some rain after all! ;)

Stop lying, the real reason you wanted to tear through your area was it would eventually hit the refineries and spike the price of oil...

Geez, I thought Carol Channing had died--then I had to go check to be sure she was still alive (she is).

Friends in San Antonio mentioned how bad the drought is--hope there are some good soakings from Dolly inland too.

They filmed a good portion of the movie Hello Dolly in the tiny, picturesque upstate NY town that I grew up in. The library was featured in a few shots. The asphalt streets were stencil painted to look like bricks for the movie. The painted bricks were still visible in the parking spots along the streets many years later. I never saw the movie.

Mike D.

The eye of Dolly is still quite visible and over Raymondsville Texas now. We have had about 4 inches of rain and wind of about 50 mph. It looks like it is headed for Laredo but the Hill Country will probably get some moisture out of this yet. San Antonio is already getting some rain.
Hang in there Ziggy!
2fer

According to the author, Tony Hillerman, when drought comes to northern
Arizona, the Hopi tribe and the whites pray for rain. The Navaho pray for learning to cope with the drought. Although I admire the Hopi more, the Navaho have that figured out better.

At this point, I'd be happy with a cloudy day. It's toasty in Dallas. :p

Dolly sucks. The bubble over us remains intact. Time to go quench my thirst with a glass of dust.

DollySucks.jpg

Back
Top Bottom