Guessing Your Education Background

Most of us here probably know, but don't think too much about it....

The purpose of these quizzes is so they can snoop into your online presence. Trackers abound, so they're always building up a dossier on you. Tracking you across various sites. If you want a peek into it, you can install uBlockOrigin, Privacy Badger, etc.

Code:
adsafeprotected.com
ap.lijit.com
asset.pagefair.com
asset.pagefair.net
b.scorecardresearch.com
cdn.adsafeprotected.com
chartbeat.com
cloudflare.com
connect.facebook.net
edge.quantserve.com
edge.sharethis.com
facebook.com
facebook.net
fbcdn.net
fonts.googleapis.com
fonts.gstatic.com
google-analytics.com
googletagservices.com
gstatic.com
imrworldwide.com
l.sharethis.com
lijit.com
offbeat.topix.com
pagefair.com
pagefair.net
proxy.topixcdn.com
quantserve.com
scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net
scorecardresearch.com
secure-us.imrworldwide.com
sharethis.com
static.chartbeat.com
static.topixcdn.com
staticxx.facebook.com
stats.topix.com
stats02.topix.com
topix.com
topixcdn.com
w.sharethis.com
ws.sharethis.com
www.facebook.com
www.google-analytics.com
www.googletagservices.com
zergnet.com

I got 68% and it said I have a PhD. Boy, did they overestimate.

80% and said I have a PhD. Um, no. I have a B.S. degree. But I read a lot, my parents made me go to Sunday School, and for the past couple of years I've been watching a lot of youtube videos about WWI and WWII history.

Overestimated me as having a PHD (I stopped at MBA). I immediately printed it out and took to w*rk, gave to my boss and asked for a raise.

I'm waiting to see the outcome. :angel:

[emoji23] good luck![emoji256]

I scored 92 on the quiz (but should have been higher due to two that I answered too quickly. But apparently anything much over the 65 mark gets you listed as Ph.D.

OK, I have to guess at the purpose of this quiz (and I do admit that I found it kind of fun).

Since all these sorts of things are designed to fill the vast database in the cloud with details about you, I imagine that if you score reasonably well on this sort of test of general knowledge ("trivia" if you prefer), then in the future you will be targeted with a more sophisticated type of online ad that won't turn you off as quickly as most. Sound reasonable?

I was doing great except for Shakespeare.... never had any during any level of education... It think I missed every one... I should have gotten at least ONE on a guess....

But went on too long and I started to go fast... still said I was PhD... but topped out with MBA....

I know that one of my sisters would also get PhD but never graduated from college...

BEng here but it rated me as a PhD so I maybe learned some peripheral stuff in the 40 years since I graduated as I'm certain I would not have scored anywhere close to that immediately after graduating. In the UK you specialized from an early age and I dropped history, art and Latin at age 13, then geography, English, biology and languages at 16. The last 2 years of High School I only studied Maths, Physics and Chemistry, and at university it was engineering subjects plus some micro and macro economics.

Not even close.

The test makers seem to mistake a level of general knowledge for education. One does not equal the other although it could be argued which is truly more useful anyway. Lots of "educated" morons out there.

Agree. A lot of uneducated morons too.

I scored 92 on the quiz (but should have been higher due to two that I answered too quickly. But apparently anything much over the 65 mark gets you listed as Ph.D.

OK, I have to guess at the purpose of this quiz (and I do admit that I found it kind of fun).

Since all these sorts of things are designed to fill the vast database in the cloud with details about you, I imagine that if you score reasonably well on this sort of test of general knowledge ("trivia" if you prefer), then in the future you will be targeted with a more sophisticated type of online ad that won't turn you off as quickly as most. Sound reasonable?

Good score. You know your stuff.

I forgot my Suetonius and picked Nero instead of Caligula as the emperor who tried to make his horse a consul. Other than that, all correct. I'm fairly certain that I learned most of the answers outside of school, so I see no correlation with any particular degree.

I forgot my Suetonius and picked Nero instead of Caligula as the emperor who tried to make his horse a consul. Other than that, all correct. I'm fairly certain that I learned most of the answers outside of school, so I see no correlation with any particular degree.

I missed Suetonius entirely, but Robert Graves didn't, so I know about the Roman emperors from the Divine Julius through Nero thanks to his "I, Claudius" and "Claudius the God." I extended that line to Trajan thanks to Lindsey Davis' Marcus Didius Falco stories. Then it's a blur to Diocletian, with a flying pass at Elagabalus. Tests like this reward the indiscriminate reader.

Back
Top Bottom