Guys only: Stand up or sit down?

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just had a funny convo with some friends while out drinking. I always stand up when I go to the john...except at night...for some reason it seems that after 10 or 11 I'm too lazy to stand.

A gentleman will never "piss and tell."

haha...brewer's a sitter

OK.....as the only male in the house.....I'm ever defiant and always stand!....yeah, that's it....always......:angel:

(OK honey.....I'll tell 'em the truth....)

I live in what my DW lovingly calls a "Queendom".....raising the DD as "The Princess".....so I haven't really even had the opportunity to learn to stand....man....sometimes the truth hurts :yuk:

does it mean you are a sitter if you sit for number 2, but the train gets stuck at the station and you don't want to stand up to turn all the way around for your regular standing release?

Hmm. Yeah, I'll admit that if I'm really tired or sleepy and not 100% sure of my balance, I'll sit down to use the facilities in the middle of the night.

The rest of the time, though, I definitely stand.

As far as the whole seat up vs. seat down thing goes, I often put it down when I leave simply because we have three females in the house (wife and two daughters) and it only seems courteous.

I've been known to leave it up now and then, and when I do, my older daughter can be heard through the entire house shrieking, "Somebody left the seat up again!" Then she'll stomp out, shaking her finger, and accost me with great ire - "Daddy! You left the seat up again."

My typical response varies.

Sometimes I use, "Well, when you start flushing it, I'll start putting the seat down."

When I'm feeling less playful, I go for something more blunt. "Ok, fine. I'll leave the lid on my toilet up, and you can leave the lid on your toilet down. Oh, wait a minute. I almost forgot. This is my house. All the toilets belong to me!"

Josh

Ok you sitters, I'll be collecting the Man Cards on your way out of the thread. ;)

Stand. Always. Is there really any other way.

Living in a house with three other women forces me to leave the seat down however (except when I'm using it). Before you guys think I'm really lucky, 2 of those women are my daughters.

One of the simple joys of being a man is the ability to stand and deliver.

Ben Franklin once said that "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." I believe the ability to stand while divesting ourselves of said ambrosia, and other fluids, offers similar proof of Gods good will toward men.

Last edited:
DS and I went to see Paula Poundstone (stand up comic) last week and she said that recently she decided to do the "camping" thing with her kids and went to REI to buy all the gear. After she had selected tents, sleeping bags etc, the assistant asked if she would be interested in a woman's aid to avoid the dangers of poison ivy etc while taking a pee.

She bought one and confirmed that it works great.

I don't know the model she bought but I guess it was similar to the Whizzy to help all women take a stand against that particular male advantage.

all of you must be old, when I go to bed, I don't need to get up and pee unless I was drinking like a fish the night before, in which case the room is spinning, so I don't really know if I'm going or just dreaming.

When I fall asleep, my next pee is before w*rk. Only old people pee in middle of night LOL

I had a friend who swore his grandma could pee standing up. Not knowing the woman, I could only take his word for it. The rest of us are grateful for you putting the seat down!

I sit. Been doing for most of my life. Only way to avoid accidents and being berated by one´s wife.:)

I had a friend who swore his grandma could pee standing up. Not knowing the woman, I could only take his word for it.
Hey...I can pee standing up....it's messy as all get out...but I can do it! :LOL:

(all women can pee standing up...because a sneeze will happen and well....) :blush:

Ha-I even stand to sh*t. :) How's that for testosteronie?

Ha

Since my stream started taking multiple directions all at once, I found sitting to be safest. Especially 3 times a night like the old fart I apparently am. (and yes I am not looking forward to my annual prostate exam next week)

I had a friend who swore his grandma could pee standing up. Not knowing the woman, I could only take his word for it. The rest of us are grateful for you putting the seat down!

Both my parents have told me that their grandmothers had this ability. They had the dresses with stays that held it out wide, and when out on picnics could walk over to the edge of the parking lot, or wherever, and when they moved on they left a wet patch in the grass.

What a post! Never thought I'd see the forum come down to this but I give you my "best shot" on the subject. First of all, I respect womens rights in that they should not have to clean up after my bad aims. In the night, I always sit because it is just easier. Also, I do a lot of the house cleaning. To be honest, I use the guest bath all the time because it's easier on me to maintain. I use it to shave, shower and read the paper in the morning (if you know what I mean). It's kind of my bathroom. In the middle of the night, we both use the master bath. Check this out? Long time ago down in Cape Coral, FL., some kid came up with the idea of how to conserve water and it was published in the local paper, "if it's brown, flush it down, if it's yellow, let it mellow". To this day, I can no longer stand the soda Mellow Yellow. I cannot stand a dirty restroom or bathrooms in our house. Guess we're neat freaks.

I sit to urinate and stand to defecate.... Wait I might have that mixed up

If #1... stand... always...

I do not put the seat down... my wife USUALLY puts the seat up!!

At night, do not turn on the light... just use sound...

I clean up if there is 'spray'... (not bad aim... just not always a nice stream)

When I fall asleep, my next pee is before w*rk. Only old people pee in middle of night LOL

I must be old then(31) because I rarely go over 4 hours without waking up to pee. I always pee standing up. At 6'6", it's a long way to go down to sit on a toilet that's only a foot off the ground. It's painful so never do it unless I have to.

Back
Top Bottom