Votes: 65 53.7%
  • I'm a man,and YES I've cheated

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • I'm a woman, and NO I've never cheated

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • I'm a woman, and YES I've cheated

Votes: 8 6.6%

• Total voters
I don't think marriage is the problem - it is the people in the marriage that cause the problems!

After more than 17 years, I can't even imagine NOT being married to my best friend any more...

That is so sweet! :smitten:

Our divorce was uncontested, so the legal aspects of cheating just wasn't an issue. Mostly, not cheating when we were separated was what worked for ME (not saying that is true for others). After a 23 year marriage I just wasn't ready. I really wasn't all that ready to date even after the divorce, though I did date a series of bozo's then. As they say, you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you meet your prince. I guess it took about two years before I met Frank.

Last edited:
Not for everybody! Some people are married for their whole lives and don't even consider a divorce. For others marriage is less ideal.

I understand what you say. Still, from a purely game-theoretical POV marriage is a really bad idea. For many years I would have thought that I was in your group one above. Then I wasn't any more, and it was not my choice. I completely accept that people change. They have new experiences, learn new things, meet new people, and interpret their worlds in new ways. Having this knowledge, I could no longer enter into an open-ended contract with lots of off-balance-sheet liabilities, many of which are changing as time goes on and new legal theories are developed.

Sometimes when this happens, your "best friend" becomes you worst enemy and you are in for a real ride.

Life deals enough hands that you have to play regardless or your wishes. I don't want to volunteer for any more.

It does seem to me that male divorce survivors fall into two distanct camps. One group got blown up, or realized that it came awfully close and stay far away from known trouble zones. The other group can't wait to try again. Maybe to be successful, maybe to get blown up again

Cool. :)

Ha

As far as separation goes... your "activity" can be held against you....

Sorry, Ziggy, I'm taking your words out of context. Just wanted to say: it can also be troublesome when a separating couple has "activity" with each other. Don't know if that falls into the definition of "cheating." I always took it as humor rather than a legal problem but it could theoretically mess up your "separation date."

No, absolutely not. Not while dating "exclusively." Not while "living together." Not while married. Not after learning that my wife cheated. Not when presented with a "perfect opportunity." Not while separated. Not while waiting for the divorce to be finalized. Not ever. Not under any circumstances. The emotional costs to both partners and the children are far too high.

Single now, but would consider another relationship if I find the right person.
Will not consider a relationship with someone who has cheated in the past. Ever.

Ok, I have to ask, what's with these recent "Have you ever smoked marijuana", "Have you ever cheated on a partner"? Is the next one going to be "Have you ever been involved in a three or moresome"?

I'm not touching this thread............wait.......I just did!

Ok, I have to ask, what's with these recent "Have you ever smoked marijuana", "Have you ever cheated on a partner"? Is the next one going to be "Have you ever been involved in a three or moresome"?

I'm not touching this thread............wait.......I just did!

Well, have you? Inquiring minds want to know.:whistle:

My parents' marriage ended due to my Mom cheating (with Dad's best friend). My sister and I were very young (maybe 4 & 2?). Dad never had another long-term relationship, and has remained a bachelor. Mom's been married and divorced twice more since then. Infidelity was not a factor in either divorce, as far as I know.

I know that not all circumstances are the same, but I take a very dim view of cheating. If you're unhappy for some reason, end the relationship or fix it, but don't devalue your partner by cheating on them.

Is the next one going to be "Have you ever been involved in a three or moresome"?
A moresome? Hmmm, no. I don't have enough towels...:whistle:

I just noticed there were 146 votes on the mj thread. Only 73 so far here....

Eh heh....mmmmmmmmmmm.

Quote:
Will not consider a relationship with someone who has cheated in the past. Ever.

And this will be stamped on her forehead?

Generally it is. Or at least people will talk about it, so it's easy to find out. I'm assuming that's because the same people who believe that it was okay to cheat believe that it's okay to discuss (or brag) about it. I suppose if they believed it was wrong to do, then they are much less likely to do it.

I never had sex with that woman....
William Jefferson Clinton

Depending on what the meaning of "is" is.

Just curious does anybody consider what Bill Clinton and the woman in the blue dress did, not cheating?

At the time I read many teenagers didn't consider oral sex to be sex and since some of those teenagers have grown up and maybe members of the forums....

Oh and for the record, hell yes I think it is cheating.

I always have held that if I was to have sex with someone other than the person I was supposedly committed to it would be beneath me, which is in the same vein as when I started selling and decided if I had to steal leads from others it would be beneath me.
So, no, I have not cheated when in a committed relationship even when the guy was cheating on me...and my -ex did with one of my friends. Unfortunately for him, I cared so little by that time that there was no hurt, which is what his goal was obviously since he was bragging to me about it. Nice try, tho.
However, let me say that I genuinely like men and have always had male friends. This has driven some guys I dated up the wall, and they acted like I was cheating because I talk to my male friends or have lunch with them. I think it's totally stupid, immature and assinine to take that position, and it's their problem and not mine. But it has caused problems in the past. And some of the guys were totally gay, so how could they be so threatened? Men...can't live with 'em, can't live with 'em.

What are you saying freebird5825? Are you saying: It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing..doo wah doo wah doo wah doo wah doo wah?

...However, let me say that I genuinely like men and have always had male friends. This has driven some guys I dated up the wall, and they acted like I was cheating because I talk to my male friends or have lunch with them...
The majority of my friends are men. I have few very close female friends, and they are definitely exceptions to the rule. Great gals!
I warned dh2b about the "many male friends thing" before we got serious. It is my custom to greet my very close guy (and gal) friends with a warm embrace and a kiss on the cheek. Sometimes I get a great big bear hug from the guys.
dh2b teases me about "all my boyfriends" but he seems OK with it. He knows who his woman is, and so do the guys. No boundaries are crossed, ever. The guys know I'll kick their butt if they ever think about trying. :LOL:

Well, everybody does need to love themselves first don't they? Back at 'ya....go, Freebird5825, go!

We had a very foolish friend who thought he'd come clean to his wife in writing about the times he'd been unfaithful when they were dating before they were married. With names. And said he was really sorry but that it was very cathartic to start married life with a clear conscience. Um yeah. This is not a good idea.

But no, never cheated. No need--I gots all I needs right here at home. :)

Cheat? Cheat on whom? My old golden retriever could tell if I had petted another dog as she would sniff me up and down. But she didn't mind, she just wagged her tale. :blink:

Back
Top Bottom