• I'm a man,and YES I've cheated

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • I'm a woman, and NO I've never cheated

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • I'm a woman, and YES I've cheated

Votes: 8 6.6%

• Total voters
As a man, I vote to close the poll now with the following conclusion:

"A poll of Early Retirement's 7980 members showed women cheat on their partners four times more frequently than men."

:hide:

Or, "A poll of Early Retirement's 7980 members showed men are in fact lying dogs, confirming the opinion of women everywhere."

I think I read somewhere that women never cheat, because they've already moved on (in their minds at least).

So "eatin' ain't cheatin?"

smiley-eatdrink019.gif

As I said in a totally different thread - "deny everything". Words to live by.

Surely, just because a guy doesn't live in Utah, doesn't mean he can have multiple SOs. Is one SO more S than the other?

Some of these women must be cheating with one another. Yahoo!:cool:

ha

I'll confess: DW stopped playing poker with me years ago because of my cheating.
Must be a card thing since DW always accuses me of cheating at rummy. I hoard all the aces.

With 43 votes we have roughly 1 in 4 men cheating and 1 in 3 women.

Interesting.

i knew it'd come to this!

partner is someone you are supposed to be exclusive with

cheating is physical or i guess emotional intimacy that your partner would view as cheating. i was thinking about physical only...but some women think you can cheat emotionally as well. men, however, dont cheat emotionally without a physical GOAL in mind....imho

how about that?

Under these definitions, there is a great latitude for "cheating". I've never cheated on my wife of 27 years. But before marriage in my late teens, early 20's, I may or may not have cheated on my girlfriend depending on who was judging.

The results here confirm what I hear from friends. So either the study(ies) that say 50% cheat are wrong or lots of people are lying about their fidelity, here and in conversation with their friends.

Nope, never crossed my mind. Never had any reason or desire to.

Yes, if adhering to the law (legally separated but waiting on final divorce decree) - but at this point we were both dating others
No, as far as any fooling around outside the one I was attached to relationship-wise.

Therefore I did not vote. I don't see my actions as cheating - because I was not going home pretending nothing was going on outside my relationship. That defines it for me - the hiding...

I have never cheated in a stable relationship but as others have mentioned things happen during the separation process since mentally you have already moved on !

Yes, if adhering to the law (legally separated but waiting on final divorce decree) - but at this point we were both dating others
No, as far as any fooling around outside the one I was attached to relationship-wise.

Therefore I did not vote. I don't see my actions as cheating - because I was not going home pretending nothing was going on outside my relationship. That defines it for me - the hiding...

I didn't cheat when we were separated, mostly because I just wasn't ready to. I did go to some parties as a single, and got asked out but didn't accept and explained that I wanted to wait until I had the final divorce papers in hand. Emotions were so strong for me at that time, and in my case I needed for them to settle down so that I could see a potential partner for who he is, in all fairness, rather than for who I wanted him to be during that miserable time in my life.

Last edited:
As far as separation goes, unless it's a full legal separation, your "activity" can be held against you as adultery in terms of a contested divorce, at least in some states, so that's something that could be worth considering for someone contemplating "playing the field" before a divorce is final.

As far as separation goes, unless it's a full legal separation, your "activity" can be held against you as adultery in terms of a contested divorce, at least in some states, so that's something that could be worth considering for someone contemplating "playing the field" before a divorce is final.

More evidence that marriage sucks.

Ha

Using the great legal resource Wikipedia ;), New York is the only state that does not have some form of no fault divorce, unless both parties agree to the divorce. No-fault divorce - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom