Help with my FICO score

yAyA

Dryer sheet aficionado
Hey ERs,

For all you credit report experts, I need HELP! I recently received copies of all 3 of my FICO scores. One of my scores is really, really good and the two others are acceptable but nothing to gloat about. I was reading my report and I noticed that the two that are bad are still showing late payments that I had back between 2001-2003. I had financial issues, blah, blah, blah. THe one with the good score no longers counts those. Is there a way I can get that old info. removed even though it is true. I just want to leave the past in the past :p

I doubt it, it's hard enough to get incorrect data removed. I have never known  my FICO score. Only debt I ever had was a mortgage. Save save save and pay cash then FICO won't mean squat to you either.  :-\

yAyA said:
Hey ERs,

For all you credit report experts, I need HELP! I recently received copies of all 3 of my FICO scores. One of my scores is really, really good and the two others are acceptable but nothing to gloat about. I was reading my report and I noticed that the two that are bad are still showing late payments that I had back between 2001-2003. I had financial issues, blah, blah, blah. THe one with the good score no longers counts those. Is there a way I can get that old info. removed even though it is true. I just want to leave the past in the past :p

You might want to check out this board: http://www.creditboards.com/forums/

There's a ton of how to information in the sticky area.

My SO was able to get 3 year old lates removed before we refinanced. The CRA has to remove information it can't verify, lates sometimes fall into that category.

As I think cube rat explained, you can ask that it be verified but odds are that it will and he will just have to wait it off. Another trick is to pull credit that specifically is checked on the "good credit report" if you can. For example, different credit cards pull from different CRA’s based on where you live. There is a yahoo group that has info. on creditpulls.

Back
Top Bottom