Holiday Misery

The grocery store wasn't bad at all today. Crowded but every register open.
Love Thanksgiving. I've started cooking today to feed 11 family members tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I do not get why people still do Black Friday . You can buy most of the deals online & skip the madness.

I do not get why people still do Black Friday . You can buy most of the deals online & skip the madness.

I wonder the same thing. I am not shopping for anything, but I saw on the "news" the AM that Amazon has some pretty good "deals" available on the mobile app. I guess you can also set up alerts for when the deals are "live" so you don't have to sit on your phone all day waiting for the deal. As an example, they will have a 50" TV for $199.99 which *seems* like a decent deal. I am not in the market for a TV but if I was, I would give serious consideration to it.

Anyway, glad to not be out and about today or tomorrow. Although, the high temperature tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid 60's, so I might go do a little hiking. I think there is some trend going on about it too... #optoutside ?

Grocery store wasn't too bad yesterday (twice). Today hunkered down waiting for family to get here. But the next month will be difficult. I bought a Groupon for the Willis Tower Skydeck/Ledge and want to use it next week before the weather gets insane.Need to take the train to avoid as much hassle as possible.

Oh my. Yesterday was crazy. I had a friend that was in town from Texas and we decided to meet "in the middle" for dinner. I drove about 60 miles and it took me almost THREE HOURS to get there. The traffic was miserable. THEN...I decided to swing by the store this evening to pick up a couple of things for T-giving w/ my Dad tomorrow. Oye...more misery!

But that's OK. I have something that will fix what ails me! :D

That better be bourbon. That's too much ice for scotch.

Wow - I actually had to go to a T-mobile store today for some urgent technical assistance. I think they had every last employee at work today, so the wait was very, very short. And I was even worried about finding a parking spot!! - no problem.

Same with Apple on the phone - no more than a minute wait.

Back
Top Bottom