Hot Hot Hot

Wow - all these paths crossing! We're heading to Hell's Canyon today - though Richland. Maybe it won't be as hot today....

It was nice and cool in the mountains yesterday - 75 degrees at 7000 feet. Yum!

Audrey

We are spending a few days on the edge of lake Superior down by Washburn, Wisconsin. Yesterday was a record high for my home town: 97 degrees. Even hotter down here. We went motorcycling, stopped at a lake, took off our shoes and jumped in clothes and all. Got back on to ride more.

Last night we had a dramatic thunderstorm. Someone's screen tent got toasted by lightning. Got up to temperatures in the 60s and the day has been in the low 70s with a nice off lake breeze. Oh man, I could have laid down in the dirt and kissed the earth. I feel so darn good to be cool. 8)

6:00 pm - 100 degrees in the shade on the front porch - even the dogs like the a/c - still have half the lawn to mow - manyana.

NW Missouri.

heh heh heh

unclemick2 said:
6:00 pm - 100 degrees in the shade on the front porch - even the dogs like the a/c - still have half the lawn to mow - manyana.

NW Missouri.

heh heh heh
My goldern retriever usually spends the mornings in the back yard but for the last couple of months she scratches at the back door wanting in. The dog has become soft like me.  :-\

Usually the dog gets his summer crew cut when I get mine and we let our hair grow out toward the fall - however the low price special last summer - dog version of skinhead got nixed this year - so the golden stayed long. May yet take him to the groomer - august lies ahead.

heh heh heh

Martha said:
We are spending a few days on the edge of lake Superior down by Washburn, Wisconsin. Yesterday was a record high for my home town: 97 degrees. Even hotter down here. We went motorcycling, stopped at a lake, took off our shoes and jumped in clothes and all. Got back on to ride more.

Last night we had a dramatic thunderstorm. Someone's screen tent got toasted by lightning. Got up to temperatures in the 60s and the day has been in the low 70s with a nice off lake breeze. Oh man, I could have laid down in the dirt and kissed the earth. I feel so darn good to be cool. 8)

The above is quoted from the soon to be published "Adventures of a Weather Wuss" by the noted author Martha Haig. ;)

I was up in the Lake Tahoe area for a couple weeks? Was it that hot in the valley?

Oh sorry I didnt notice :LOL: :D :D

REWahoo! said:
The above is quoted from the soon to be published "Adventures of a Weather Wuss" by the noted author Martha Haig. ;)

And it required Alexander Graig to accomplish.

REWahoo! said:
That sometimes happens when you turn 52.  Happy b-day. ;)

Thank you. Also on the back stretch of my last year at work. :) Lots to look forward to. Today, go to my mothers for lunch and a nice mandarin orange b'day cake. Very good summer cake. Golf this afternoon. Ahhhhh......the good life.  :D

We are planning to have a water-baloon fight at a park in Minneapolis, MN. It's going to be a hot and steamy day.

I'm sitting here with a laptop in front of the fireplace with a small fire going (pallet wood). It was 64 degrees in the living room this morning.

After running my whole house fan for a few hours, my inside temperature is 68. Feels great after the hot spell we had.

The heat is moving east apparently.

Back to normal here, 80-82 for the rest of the week, pretty typical late July and August weather. We even had a freak rain storm (o.k., a mist storm) this weekend.....an hour after I refinished Tori's play structure. :rant:

Yep, chilly here in the CA central valley...probably wont even hit 90 today. Enjoying some long delayed outdoor activities...

60's by the ocean. I'm wearing my black leather jacket. Yeesss.

KB said:
The heat is moving east apparently.

It is. High temps will be in the triple digits from Richmond to NYC the next few days. Thanks for sending it our way, guys  :D

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Anything else or just the jacket?

No undies with just my shoes.  I thought I'd make a high impact fashion statement today.  ;)

we're just having normal florida summer days in the low 90s. but our local newspaper & tv famed meteorologists have been experiencing weather envy.

as they don't have any record highs to brag about like the rest of the country, they are looking at our record lows. and our record lows at night have been recording record highs.

so ya'all might have record high highs. but we're having record high lows. so there.

Back
Top Bottom