House sitting

Revlefty

Recycles dryer sheets
Has anyone here used a house sitter for the winter months while you are away? We need to find someone to watch our house and a dog this winter. I have no idea what to pay or where to find a trustworthy person. Can anyone give me some advice?

Has anyone here used a house sitter for the winter months while you are away? We need to find someone to watch our house and a dog this winter. I have no idea what to pay or where to find a trustworthy person. Can anyone give me some advice?

You are going to leave your dog for the whole winter?

You are going to leave your dog for the whole winter?

The new (corporate) owners of our mobile home community have pet restrictions. We will be taking two of our dogs with us, but leaving the third at home because he doesn't fit the restrictions.

The new (corporate) owners of our mobile home community have pet restrictions. We will be taking two of our dogs with us, but leaving the third at home because he doesn't fit the restrictions.

You do realize that a dogs social structure is a pack (consisting of you and the other 2 dogs), right?

Retroactively? Is that even legal?

Personally, I would be reluctant to do something like this unless the person was a friend or family member who I had known for a long time, and trusted. We have a great next-door-neighbor who takes care of our house when we are gone, but he does not live in the house, and would not be interested in taking care of a pet for that long.

It seems like you would be grandfathered in unless you are renting and don’t own. We pay our dog sitter 40/day to live at our house. That’s very cheap for this area. You are going to come home to one neurotic dog if you are gone that long. I would never do that.

Back
Top Bottom