Votes: 3 9.4%
  • other

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • none

Votes: 21 65.6%

• Total voters

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
Do you read your electric/gas/water meters on a regular basis?

Good idea if it helps keep costs down. Those auto electrical meters that auto transmit the data to the mother ship are pretty slick too.

job

My utility costs are low. I guess if I got a surprisingly high bill, I might check the meter.

My computer reminds me to check the propane tank gauge each month.

I recently asked my sister about how much she pays for electricity each month. Her answer:

"Is that something someone is likely to know?"

I read mine monthly after Pacific Gas & Electric ripped me off for over $300 eight years ago by manipulating the readings. Had to go to the California Public Utilities Commission to get the money back.

PG&E has probably spent 200 man hours since then to try to get that money back. Have a two year old complaint working now from when they flat out refused my reading and made up their own that is not supported by anything.

This months bill they're trying the same tactic of readiing one month low and the next high to charge a higher per therm rate! Where's Julia Roberts when you need her? They must be making a fortune on this scam.

Don't usually read the electric meter, but did last month due to AEP wanting to increase the monthly budgeted bill from $65 to $200. They had done an "estimated" reading that was much greater than usual by 2-3000Kw. :eek: We "compromised" & the budget was increased to $67/month.

Back
Top Bottom