How anonymous are you?

jambo101

Full time employment: Posting here.
I notice a lot of forum members trying to be super anonymous on the forum by not posting any relevant details about themselves,Sites like this one Web Analytics 2.0 | Clicky
will render some of your efforts futile.

Somebody click on that and tell us what happens. I'm not doing it.

Secret Santa

You do it....I'm not doin' it......get CFB he'll do anything!

The mole

Those must be the same folks who drive around with cameras, zooming in on our bald spots; mine looks a lot smaller unzoomed.

Real name is "Fuzzy Details."

I looked, but I'm too stupid to see the point...

I looked too. It did not know who/where I was.Did not sign up either. Don't keep a web site.

Other than that it is very useful................to:confused::confused::confused:

Blonde in a basement in Missoula??

Cable or wireless?

heh heh heh - ;) Who cares?

I looked, but I'm too stupid to see the point...

Ditto. If it's about site owners knowing where their traffic comes from... well, it's always (10+ years) been trivial to parse server logs and then reverse lookup where traffic is coming from. Lately (4-5 years), web sites have been using client-side Javascript as well to find out more about clients. I've been using Google Analytics for a while; great UI and free!

On the internet, I'm independently wealthy, 6'3" and have a full head of hair and washboard abs.

So there.
On the internet, I am a drop-dead gorgeous replica/twin of Eva Habermann (my avatar). Sure. And see me if you want to buy the Brooklyn Bridge or the Tower of London.:2funny:

For Sale!

On the internet, I am a drop-dead gorgeous replica/twin of Eva Habermann (my avatar). Sure. And see me if you want to buy the Brooklyn Bridge or the Tower of London.:2funny:

The Brooklyn Bridge and the Tower of London are so passe' as real estate investments. Why invest in buildings that need maintenance and upkeep, when you can invest in nature?

Everyone knows the REAL money is in swamp land! :D

-- Rita

Don't think these are very accurate - I show up as a 13 year old girl iin the boonies of Montana.

I remember Dory posting a map of IP locations from time to time. Was interesting to see all the people in the boonies.

I use Anonymizer software while surfing. :DDepending on what time of day it is, I could be surfing from San Diego, Seattle or Virgina.

Yeah, I remember when T-Al posted one of those twitter maps and CFB put himself in Mongolia! I got all excited about going to visit him, for about a minute, darn him!

Yeah, I remember when T-Al posted one of those twitter maps and CFB put himself in Mongolia! I got all excited about going to visit him, for about a minute, darn him!

Now for the bad news. Several years ago I accidentally moved to Mongolia. I decided to remain there in wait for someone to post a "who's where" map so I'd look like I did something cool and transported myself to an exotic location.

It took a while, but it was worth it.

I notice a lot of forum members trying to be super anonymous on the forum by not posting any relevant details about themselves,Sites like this one Web Analytics 2.0 | Clicky
will render some of your efforts futile.

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer
Hey, it's workin' for me!

Back
Top Bottom