How did the people you know in high school turn out?

Made me look... Apparently my high school class just held a 40th reunion. There were a bunch of photos from the reunion, in which I didn't recognize anyone. I did discover that our Designated Bully was dead, so there's that...

I never had much interest in seeing those folks again. High school may be better remembered than relived.

After I graduated from high school I enrolled in a University 2k miles away, and after that moved even further away. Never had any desire to keep in touch or go back.

I'm with Michael on this one. Nobody at my high school had common interests, I don't think. But oodles of close and semi-close from undergrad.

By contrast, I've enjoyed attending reunions and staying in touch with many of my old HS classmates over the years. I suspect this is due to growing up in a small town and the fact about 40 of the 75 in my class were together from kindergarten all the way to graduation. We got to know each other really well...

I went to a large high school in Hawaii, (Dad was stationed there). Soon after graduating, I moved to the Mainland. With it being so far away, I never went to any reunions. I do look at their reunion web site and see how old everybody has gotten, (except me...Ha!). I do however, keep up with some of my buddies when I was in the AF...30 years ago. It's amazing how time flies by. That's because we are busy bees with work keeping our little minds occupied...

I went to my high school reunion and the captain of the football team weighed 400 lbs, the queen of the homecoming game is a nun, the nerds all had done well, the smokers had died and most of the girls looked great. It was fun but the most successful kids weren't the "in crowd" during high school. I am lucky, I had the cutest DW, met a lot of old friends and found out we were really friends but was sad for the group that had passed. But, since it was my 40th I shouldn't have been too surprised. I recommend all go to the reunion.......it was a very nice evening.

Never been to a high school reunion. I went to 5 different high schools. The one I graduated from seems to have forgotten about me. The others don't care. I'm in contact (on facebook) with one person from those 5 schools. Even looking through the yearbooks I can only remember a few people. Not my best time.

College was much better. And most of us are still alive.

Never gone. Maybe will go to 50th. I am comfortable with myself so I do not feel competitive or inferior or superior for that matter. Alive is good enough for me.

We had a very large class--over 600? I only know what happened to a few. Several died soon after HS. One I knew pretty well, by her own hand. Two I know of by disease. At least two friends became engineers. We have not kept in touch much but I know where they are.

Never had enemies in HS. Not a socializer, I was pretty introverted. I wish all my classmates well. It would be interesting to find out how they all fared. Not for any competitive or vindictive reason, just because there were some nice kids and some interesting kids who were eager to start their independent lives and I am sure some have had interesting lives so far.

I will have to find a yearbook. I threw mine away when the girl mentioned above died.

Went to a US Air Force School in Korea. Of the 110 or so in my class, I am in touch with about 40 of them and another 70 or so from other classes thanks to Facebook. See a couple of them regularly. Most are still alive but one was shot to death on the Appalachian Trail in 1988 and made national news. Another was involved in the 1998 Indonesia Financial crisis but pretty much everyone else has lead normal lives.

Class of 88 had about 30 in it. Like Brewer I was probably first to get married at 23. Like REWahoo, it is a small town. I help organize the school-wide reunions every 5 years or so and it is an enjoyable deal. I keep in touch with a lot of HS friends, not only those in my graduating class.

By and large, though, not a knock-em-dead crowd as far as material or professional success. We were slackers then, and remain so, I guess. A few accidental deaths, no politicians, and one suicide from atop our tallest bridge.

Many of our classmates still live in town, and rare are the ones who left the state completely.

45 in class with 5th-12th in same building. Went to 30 yr reunion.

Biggest success: Guys business is biggest in North America. Built runway for customers.

Biggest failure: Richest guy (corvette SR year) in class took over family business and went bust.

Saddest: Several teachers & admin died in the North KY supper club fire that killed 167 people. They were there for a retirement party.

4-teachers, 3-engineers, 2-nurses, 6-dead.

Back
Top Bottom