How Important IS TV In Our Lives

FinanceDude said:
Is that discount only available to certain folks or plans? I have BC/BS, and never heard about it, but canceled my Y membership when they raised my monthly bill by 33% in 2 years............ :eek:
Hi Fin - all I know is it works here in the twin cities for adults at most health clubs and not just from BC.
I would be interested if this is happening in the rest of country - it cuts the cost about in half for us...Reg $84 for the two of us less $20 each if we each make the goal = $44

Primarily a portion of the daily 6pm news hour for me, with an occasional Sunday afternoon watching an NFL game or NASCAR race.

DW watches more TV, including 1-2 favourite sitcoms, Oprah. HGTV, TLC. Got the 100 channel standard cable package with really only bout 10 channels getting watched at all.

All on a CRT TV.....for foreseeable future.

i dont know about tv but i think food is pretty important in my life. as we get older i think food takes top place over sex.

HECK , I JUST PUT A MIRROR OVER MY KITCHEN TABLE ha ha ha ha

Had the ~$95/month cable bill for years (couple pay cannels and some on-demand orders). Then the kids started getting addicted to cartoon network and Nickelodeon ... couldn't pull them away without a fight.

Soooo we cancelled cable last month ... reduced TV to just the local stuff. The house has never been happier. Kids play outside or inside with thier toys. TV might be ON an hour/day. Don't miss-it.

TV is on while DH is home, the minute he goes outside or leaves I turn it off. I watch the morning news, a few programs I enjoy in the evening and baseball. If I'm home alone for the day it might never be turned on until I want to watch the news. Although I do have to admit that when I'm alone here at night I like to have it on.

Back
Top Bottom