Votes: 16 9.9%

Votes: 40 24.7%

Votes: 16 9.9%
  • 4 or more

Votes: 9 5.6%

• Total voters
We have a son and a daughter.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Looks like there is a good market for LTC insurance on the forum.

People with offsprings may still need LTC; the children may not be available or able to help out if and when the intensive daily care is needed.

What one can hope for is to trust one's offspring enough to give Power of Attorney when the time comes. Sadly, I have seen many estranged families that do not even have that as an option.

Is it possible to answer these kind if polls via iPhone?

Have to say ... the MAJORITY having NO kids surprised me.

2 boyz .... teenagers (not cheap).

Yeah, they're eating machines. I sent mine to a military boarding school for HS and they fed him but that was darn expensive, too.

I wanted a second child but it never happened and I decided that I was blessed do have one healthy baby after a happy, healthy pregnancy; many people struggle just to get that.

My Dad essentially retired in 1985 at age 55 after he was pushed out of the steel company where he'd worked for 30 years. I have 4 siblings and they put all 5 of us through state universities. Dad tried a second career as a broker for AG Edwards but was never able to build up a decent client base. Fortunately they were big savers and have very low expenses. They're still doing fine. With the loss of state subsidies and resulting tuition hikes, that would be difficult to repeat in this decade.

Last edited:
3 teenage boys. 19 year old in college. twin 16 year olds. Some private school, college money, travel x 5, and lots of hot water for showers and electricity for video gaming - big expense and TOTALLY worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love children, but decided not to have any of my own. Just didn't want the lifestyle. I always wondered if I would regret it someday. Five years retired....no regrets.

We're also in the child-free group. No regrets as we transition into ER.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom