How many emails do you get?

How many emails do you receive on average?

• 25 or fewer

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • 25-50

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • 50-75

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 75 plus

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
While w*rking at MegaCorp, I would average about 175 a day, business related and it wore me out trying to get my inbox down to a number that I could manage. Now, I'm getting about 20 a day, about 1/2 from friends and 1/2 from sites/companies I want to hear from.

So, just out of curiosity, how many do you receive?

Last edited:
It varies, I'm still on a listserve for a nonprofit computer forensics training organization and the bulk is from that, about 10 a day. From friends/relatives, a few a week.

DW uses FB to really stay current with family stuff.

E-mail management is something I learned in a "dump your buckets" talk at work many years ago.

I was pretty good at deleting e-mails without reading them. If it was important, they would call me on the phone.

I was on several lists, but instead of getting an e-mail for every post, I switched to the end-of-day digest.

If I was out of the office on business, I just stopped reading e-mails unless they piqued my curiosity. I had a smart-phone and a laptop, so it wasn't that I didn't receive them. My staff knew I didn't want e-mails even if the office burned down. They were trained to deal with problems on their own.

Oh, my phone was ALWAYS on quiet mode. If someone called me, I might not find out until a few days later.

I have received 0 e-mails this weekend.

Last edited:
From family...very few (unless someone needs something)

From friends.... 10 week, 1/2 lousy jokes

From w*rk...only when I am working on a project (1/2 time) and they can be in bunches

From businesses (Amazon, Costco, pizza joints, hotel chains, airlines, etc)....20 week and all go in SPAM folder automatically.

I have learned to use Gmail for filtering by category. For instance, the Forums category gets all messages from this site and I have it tabbed.

Seems like random e-mails have slowed down for me a lot over the years. Maybe the spammers have given up.:LOL:

Around 25 a day, maybe 2 or 3 of which are work related that I'm still listed as a cc almost 3 months after retiring.

An insignificant number compared to when I was working, and these days Gmail does a good job in sorting out promotional stuff.

After all the spam is filtered out, I get probably about 15 -20 legit emails a day. Just an estimation of course.

I keep get emails about penis enlargement products. I finally had to tell DW to stop forwarding them to me.

I have about a dozen email accounts, which has helped me sort out categories, and check the account according to importance. The total across all of the accounts is maybe 20 per day. But I do not have alerts on most accounts, and may check these only once per day. I probably respond to a few emails each day.

Thank you, this is a good reminder to put filters on my gmail. I have tried the unsubscribe route, but many organizations do not seem to respect it.

If it is a company I respect, and I had subscribed, then I usually try the unsubscribe link. But that does not seem to work too often anymore. So I hit the "Report Span" button in gmail as many times as I get unsolicited mail. Eventually the spam from that sender stops.

So I hit the "Report Span" button in gmail as many times as I get unsolicited mail. Eventually the spam from that sender stops.

I have a friend who sends me an email about once a week and they are mostly political crap which I delete without reading. One day he sent me a PM through Facebook because I hadn't replied to a real email he'd sent me. I looked in the Spam bucket and there it was. I told him he must have had enough of his friends report his emails as spam that the auto filter on my gmail had now tagged him as a spammer. (I untagged him as a spammer on my account)

It hasn't helped, 90% of his emails are still junk but he still only sends 1 or 2 a week.....:nonono:

I have a friend who sends me an email about once a week and they are mostly political crap which I delete without reading. One day he sent me a PM through Facebook because I hadn't replied to a real email he'd sent me. I looked in the Spam bucket and there it was. I told him he must have had enough of his friends report his emails as spam that the auto filter on my gmail had now tagged him as a spammer. (I untagged him as a spammer on my account)

It hasn't helped, 90% of his emails are still junk but he still only sends 1 or 2 a week.....:nonono:
F-I-L forwards a lot of stuff, and most of it has been forwarded multiple times. The political stuff is hard to take, so I don't read it anymore. I just delete as necessary after scanning the subject lines. Some of his emails are important, so I can't filter these things easily.

Back
Top Bottom