How Many Times Should You Try?

How did this person ever finish med school without being able to retain information?
Presumably the perils of aging, befalls most of us - whether we realize it or or not?

I use Teamviewer a lot with my Mom. Works great.

My attempt at updating my brother's computer to Windows 10 with the help of Teamviewer didn't work. Maybe because we tried with an update DVD which meant there were times I couldn't see what he pressed on the computer.

To make a long story short, the try was a battle of who'd get more flustered first, me not able to see his "guesses" or him having to choose. Finally, he said, enough is enough after circling around various choices and said he had to leave and rake leaves for his wife :LOL:.

I should have known the try would not work when I had to explain to him the difference between a blank CD and DVD. :(

I suggest giving him a copy of this flowchart. You may have to print it for him, and fasten it near his computer.

tech_support_cheat_sheet.png

I use Teamviewer a lot with my Mom. Works great.

I'm pretty impressed. Finally, was able to use Teamviewer to remotely upgrade the laptop from Win 7 to Win 10 for my brother.

Did need human intervention to click on a few buttons on the laptop, but upgrading to Win 10 this way is doable.

Just saved me a 10 hour round trip drive :D.

My dear departed Dad kept asking how to "Make the cursor go down" the screen. I showed him the scroll bar and mouse wheel numerous times, but he just couldn't get it. He couldn't comprehend that the page goes up, the cursor doesn't go down. Even though the two things are functionally equivalent, he felt he was moving the wheel or scroll bar in the wrong direction. We both eventually gave up on everything except Solitaire.

I teach students how to use computers, and you got to knock this guy on the head :D lol.

Even if you are training out of kindness, and not by the hour, I'd answer with:

"every time you ask me something I know I've answered before, that's $5"

Back
Top Bottom