Join Early Retirement Today

How much time spent here?
Old 10-01-2007, 03:13 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

How much time spent here?

I've become quite an addict over the past month or so. I log on probably 6 or 7 times on any given day, maybe more. I'm just wondering how much time everyone spends here daily.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2007, 03:38 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyerishgold View Post
I've become quite an addict over the past month or so. I log on probably 6 or 7 times on any given day, maybe more. I'm just wondering how much time everyone spends here daily.
Too much, but I have fun..............

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:52 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

If you want a kick - click on Members List, then sort by number of posts.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:11 PM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I always wanted to hang out with people who are smarter than me.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:21 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73ss454 View Post
I always wanted to hang out with people who are smarter than me.
That is MUCH easier to do HERE than your job before FIRE...........

Old 10-01-2007, 04:42 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
A lot. I do feel a little guilty about it sometimes, but the crowd here is great, the "conversation" is interesting, sometimes I get to help somebody out, and I learn new stuff here every day. I watch almost no television, so this is my "vice."
Old 10-01-2007, 05:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
That is MUCH easier to do HERE than your job before FIRE...........

No doubt, I was the smart guy there.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:58 PM   #8

Quote:
I'm just wondering how much time everyone spends here daily.
too much! though circumstances have reduced the amount of time in recent months. it is rather addictive.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:22 PM   #9

why do you ask?

are you from HR?!
Old 10-01-2007, 08:12 PM   #10

i'd guess i log in about 7-10 different times/day just to keep up on posts. i'd say im on here for a good 1-2 hrs daily...learning and daydreaming.

i cant believew ive almost posted 1000 times. most of those were while sitting at my fancy desk they gave me instead of a monetary raise. now that im closer to FIRE, and im self employed (working maybe 30 hr weeks), i dont post nearly as much!
Old 10-01-2007, 09:20 PM   #11
Full time employment: Posting here.

I also think that I spend too much time on this site. I read the new posts daily. I seldom miss a day and always catch up when I do.
I never go to the site from work though. I know better than that and besides, I don't have the time.
I read more than I post though. I learn more that way.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:31 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

I probably log on about 4 times a day and see what's new. This forum is like a good book, the plot thickens...continuously.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:27 PM   #13

While I was still w*rking I used to check in several times a day. Now that I'm ER'd, I usually do a quick 'drive-by' in the morning to see if anything jumps out at me, and then I get in here late evening before bedtime to check it all out.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:13 AM   #14

Many times a day during work days, once a day on weekends only because I never sit down when there - too much to do. Don't always post, but try to keep up with the conversation. not always succeed, but I will zero in on posts that interest me and keep up with them.
I would not have anyone adopt my mode of living...but I would have each one be very careful to find out and pursue his own way, and not his father's or his mother's or his neighbor's instead. Thoreau, Walden
Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:40 AM   #15
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
No doubt, I was the smart guy there.
F&I was my favorite job in the car business. But I was stupid, when they offered me the new car manager's job with a rediculously high compensation plan, I took it, because I was young and dumb........

The HASSLES of that job were staggering............

Old 10-02-2007, 08:55 AM   #16

For those still in the rat race, it is probably forgiveable to see you looking 20/day and posting at a rate of 10/day.

But to see some of those top of member listings with a rate of 10-12 a day is kinda sad. Some even claim the are active but claims they be.

I track one person's posting for a few days one time and they posted 12-15 times and about every 30-45 minutes. But they also claimed several errands and workouts. Hmmm, guess their also 6'5", 185 lb, with 24 inch biceps and $8mil port.

Question really is why lie?

Well, enough expose work. I'm out my penthouse door to meet with Hillary regarding my important role in her campaign. I'll see ya after my 4 hour workout at Gold's gym, oh and my Kung Fu sensei instructor session.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:01 AM   #17
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldAgePensioner View Post
For those still in the rat race, it is probably forgiveable to see you looking 20/day and posting at a rate of 10/day.

But to see some of those top of member listings with a rate of 10-12 a day is kinda sad. Some even claim the are active but claims they be.

I track one person's posting for a few days one time and they posted 12-15 times and about every 30-45 minutes. But they also claimed several errands and workouts. Hmmm, guess their also 6'5", 185 lb, with 24 inch biceps and $8mil port.

Question really is why lie?

Well, enough expose work. I'm out my penthouse door to meet with Hillary regarding my important role in her campaign. I'll see ya after my 4 hour workout at Gold's gym, oh and my Kung Fu sensei instructor session.
OAP,you're killin' me.............

Old 10-02-2007, 10:09 AM   #18

too much time in the past few days while at work. There is so little going on here that I need some sort of way to stay occupied =/
Old 10-02-2007, 10:18 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
F&I was my favorite job in the car business. But I was stupid, when they offered me the new car manager's job with a rediculously high compensation plan, I took it, because I was young and dumb........

The HASSLES of that job were staggering............

Made a lot more $ in F&I than the other managers earned. That's the reason I didn't move to other management positions. The last few years it wasn't fun, just needed to get to FIRE.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:32 AM   #20
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Made a lot more $ in F&I than the other managers earned. That's the reason I didn't move to other management positions. The last few years it wasn't fun, just needed to get to FIRE.
F&I guys make really good money IF THEY'RE GOOD..........

Too bad I couldn't handle the GSM gig, the money was REALLY good, but the hassles and 15 hour days were not worth it............and then I got burned out and left the business over 10 years ago........and I STILL get calls from some of the GMs in the area.........