How normal do I have to be?

I shall buy beer.

You know Khan, after reading the comments and thinking about this.
Maybe I should just come to see you and help you drink the beer.
I promise I will not give a rip what your house looks like. Especially after about 4 brews.:D
Don't you know, you work your butt off and men rarely even notice. bbbamI mentioned how she was cleaning the house and kind of getting dolled up for the return of her hubby, though she said, he probably wouldn't even notice.
Really made me stop and think how much I'm that way.
Also, that I should slow down and comment and appreciate the things my DW does for me & family.
Hope it all goes well and you enjoy the time together,
Steve

You know Khan, after reading the comments and thinking about this.
Maybe I should just come to see you and help you drink the beer.
I promise I will not give a rip what your house looks like. Don't you know, you work your butt off and men rarely even notice. bbbamI mentioned how she was cleaning the house and kind of getting dolled up for the return of her hubby, though she said, he probably wouldn't even notice. Steve

I bet he did notice, especially the getting herself dolled up part. Have you seen her picture when she occasionally posts it? The girl smokes.

Ha

We have frequently shared our house with friends for a long weekend or longer and also been at friends houses. In addition we have been Servas hosts for ages.
Here is what works for us:
All is well if there is a "take us as we are" attitude on both sides.
It works out even better if the house rules are explained early, the guest knows where to find survival tools (like cleaning stuff or toilet paper, food or drink) and a basic schedule for the time spent alone or together is discussed.
It is perfectly ok to say "I am used to meditate 1 hour between 8 and 9 a.m. I will do that in my bedroom, but please be quiet in the living room for that time." or "Please kindly remove the linnens before you leave and put them + the towels on the washing machine."

I cut back the rose bush so the front door is accessible.
Emptied the sink.
Cleaned off the dining table.

The place is worse than usual because the housekeeper broke her foot and hasn't been here in a month.

Nice touch. Will you be letting your guest in through the front door?:) I like that so much better than, say, going in through the garage.

You folks think I'm kidding about the bear cave with furniture.

The last time I cut back the rose bush was when I had a pizza delivered several months ago.

I usually come and go through the garage.

The place is worse than usual because the housekeeper broke her foot and hasn't been here in a month.

If there's a housekeeper, it can't be that bad. Can it? Ok it can, but... :)

I want to move to a 1 bedroom apartment.

That I can totally understand. I'd love to live small, but the gf doesn't want to.

Khan, you will have fun and it will def not be normal! I imagine it will all be less worrisome than you fear.

We have always had tons of live-in friends, especially when we had our place at the beach, some staying for weeks on end. I never mind company. Our place now is kinda remote, so except for the guy it took us a year to get out of the guest room (long story) we haven't had much company for more than 2 or 3 nights in a while.
And with 5 dogs and 7 cats, no one who comes better object to dust bunnies and furry floors! Or have allergies.

Maybe I should practice using a fork?

Maybe I should practice using a fork?

Well, I guess a fork is OK.
Hell of a lot better than a knife :ROFLMAO:
Khan, sometimes you make me nervous! :LOL:
But thank you for accepting me as I am too.
This is meant in humor for sure.
I've gotten some good laughs from this thread also.
Steve

Something I just noticed...

Is it appropriate to ask if the distinguished gentleman in your avatar (the Great Khan) is sporting a rack?

I've never had children.
SO left long ago.
I can barely put up with the cat.

It's only for 2 days.
We shall survive.

I've just back after after a long weekend away and this is hilarious. Khan, you really do start some great threads - :flowers:

For some reason it reminded me of the days my teenage daughter was always bringing boys home to the house. One day I came in from work and a boy was sitting in my recliner watching TV while DD was in the kitchen fixing dinner with the phone pinched between shoulder and ear talking to another boy. The lad in my chair jumped up when I came in and I put down my briefcase and introduced myself, "Hi, I'm DD's father, I don't believe we've met". "Oh yes Sir, we have met, last time I came you threw me out!".

Khan, If you want this to be a one time visit, but be subtle about it, then you need to invest in some of those guest chairs that Garrison Keillor says are so uncomfortable that they guaranteed to deter guests from ever returning. They are made by the same folks who designed Lutheran Church pews.

Something I just noticed...

Is it appropriate to ask if the distinguished gentleman in your avatar (the Great Khan) is sporting a rack?

I believe the term for this is "he-vage."

I managed to dig down to the dining table surface. That was another bag of trash. How do I clean fabric chairs?

Don't forget the old standby.
A few "Get Well" cards, prominently displayed, can account for why you haven't been able to clean the place up lately.

I managed to dig down to the dining table surface. That was another bag of trash. How do I clean fabric chairs?

By covering them up with another piece of fabric??:cool:

Back
Top Bottom