How to prepare for societal disruptions

No Battery backup but the ability to disconnect from the grid plus a very small generator to power the DC to AC converter.

Interesting combination. Seems it should work for a few circuits anyway. We went with the battery backup, and a subpanel in the house that provides power from the backup to one outlet in each room, plus the fridge, the freezer in the garage, the range (to light the burners), a light in the kitchen, and to the furnaces. We will not have A/C in the event of an extended power failure, but we can live with that. The battery backup allows the inverters to continue working and charging the batteries. The one problem remaining is that we are on well water...and I have no way to power it. I had a manual pump put in, but it only worked the first day, and have not been able to get it fixed.

R

From the ZSG... first sign of the disturbance fill up the bathtubs with water.

Someone in finance forum recently linked to a guy from Argentina talking about the crisis they had awhile back, one thing he thought was great was an LED light that could somehow mount to your head. Then you can do stuff with your hands.

My former Boss is a nice Mormon gentleman who has a year's supply of food and water in his garage, one item on list might be go wack him over the head and take his stuff.

Back
Top Bottom