Join Early Retirement Today

Human soup at 101 degrees.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Human soup at 101 degrees.

Just walked by my neighborhood pool. It is full of people from babies to adults. It is 101 in the shade and the humidity is as nasty. But I just cannot get my body in that pool right now. Is there something wrong with me

The Ocean not ever a problem but a pool with babies diapers and others and heat well its a nasty soup no matter how much chlorine is in the water.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

No...there's nothing wrong with you.

I want to gag just thinking about it.

Old 06-08-2008, 04:33 PM   #3

Soooo anyone want a lemon?
Old 06-08-2008, 04:41 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisissogreat View Post
Just walked by my neighborhood pool. It is full of people from babies to adults. It is 101 in the shade and the humidity is as nasty. But I just cannot get my body in that pool right now. Is there something wrong with me

The Ocean not ever a problem but a pool with babies diapers and others and heat well its a nasty soup no matter how much chlorine is in the water.
And the mommies will have a screaming fit if someone even suggests their little angels shouldn't be crapping in the pool.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:43 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Depends....anyone?
Old 06-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
Depends....anyone?

That never gets old to me..
Old 06-08-2008, 06:22 PM   #7

I never liked public pools for the various cited reason. Swim at home and often alone especially at night. Maggie the English Bulldog needs to take a Red Cross course!!!
Old 06-09-2008, 12:24 PM   #8
Recycles dryer sheets

I have the same issue and its even worse. I will never take a bath. All I will take are showers. I haven't had a bath since I was a kid. Why would I want to sit in my own dirty water (tub) or someone else's dirty water (pool).

Nothing worse then seeing a kid pull his head out of the water with snot on his nose. He then wipes it into the pool. UGH!!
Old 06-09-2008, 12:34 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StJohnsWood View Post
I have the same issue and its even worse. I will never take a bath. All I will take are showers. I haven't had a bath since I was a kid. Why would I want to sit in my own dirty water (tub) or someone else's dirty water (pool).
I guess you are not a hot-tub guy either?

Ha
Old 06-09-2008, 12:37 PM   #10
Full time employment: Posting here.

I used to be snot-n-poop-phobic, too. Then I had a couple of kids. Nothing phases me now.

Around here, between run-off and sewage dumping the Ocean is probably nastier than any chlorinated pool.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectiveBum View Post
I used to be snot-n-poop-phobic, too. Then I had a couple of kids. Nothing phases me now.

Around here, between run-off and sewage dumping the Ocean is probably nastier than any chlorinated pool.
One Saturday when my first son was about 4 months a bunch of us were eating lunch at a Norwegian cafeteria in Ballard. The usual white grading to yellow stuff. My boy puked in my plate. I just took my fork and shoved the puke over to the edge of the plate and continued eating. I didn't even think about it.

Much later some of the people there who were not yet parents told me that when I did that they almost puked too.

Of course, there are a lot of people more fastidious than me even at my most squeamish.

Ha
Old 06-09-2008, 02:50 PM   #12

Had my godson poop and pee on me when I visited early this year. Then I basically got a face full of snot since I have zero parent dodging skills.

So ya..hes a cool little tike. I cant wait till he grows up and we can hit Vegas..
Old 06-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #13
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
Depends....anyone?
That's a great image - a bunch of old people in Depends get into the pool.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #14

Ewwww......there is nothing wrong with you.....I wouldn't get into that public pool either.
As for moving the puke over on your plate and keep eating......I don't think I could have watched that......I would probably have puked as well.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:58 PM   #15

split pee soup.

i like swimming in public pools because they are large enough for doing laps. also i like when others lap in the lanes next to me. backyard pools are a waste of water to me. i swim in the lap pool at the gym or at the huge hall of fame pools in town or the high school pool near my house. but when i was in daytona last week and the hotel pool was filled with little kids, i forwent swimming laps there.

i guess i have less of a problem swimming in adult athletic sweat & saliva than i do with youthful poop & pee.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #16

This thread came at an inopportune time for me, having started to dunk every night in my condo's pool (only 76 homes and not all use the pool, but there are older people (hopefully all are continent) and the occasional grandbaby) and just yesterday trying water aerobics.

Yeah, I could give pools up....but there's always going to be something that's germy or gross. Can't avoid it entirely. The grocery stores got us trained to want and expect to wipe down the carts with the antiseptic cloth and now they are always out of the free ones....

And there's always the deadly tomatoes......

So it does seem like modern life is fraught with perils...
Old 06-10-2008, 03:25 PM   #17
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangomonster View Post

And there's always the deadly tomatoes......
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes....starring David Miller.

My blt's are just bl's now.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:29 PM   #18

Yuck, not in a million years would I swim at the pool at the local Y. Heck, I'm grossed out by the parents changing diapers on the benches where we change clothes in the locker room. DH took the niece/nephews to the pool once while sis's DH was deployed, and they had one of those "everybody out for poop patrol" moments. I have never seen someone so stricken as when he had to get back in the pool with the kiddies. I do not think he will ever go back in there and I know I won't!
DH is squeamish about dog and cat puke/poop, but it doesn't faze me too muchl. I am only grossed out by human children "products". ...just reading Ha's story made me want to hurl! Whuh!

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:50 PM   #19
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
...just reading Ha's story made me want to hurl! Whuh!
Sorry folks, I guess I was tired. But seriously, I was likely in less peril than anyone eating from a street vendor in Asia or Latin America. It's what you don't see that can kick you in the a$$.

Ha
Old 06-10-2008, 05:57 PM   #20

You people are disgusting.

I can relate to it.