Human soup at 101 degrees.

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just walked by my neighborhood pool. It is full of people from babies to adults. It is 101 in the shade and the humidity is as nasty. But I just cannot get my body in that pool right now. Is there something wrong with me:confused:

The Ocean not ever a problem but a pool with babies diapers and others and heat well its a nasty soup no matter how much chlorine is in the water.

No...there's nothing wrong with you.

I want to gag just thinking about it. :dead:

Just walked by my neighborhood pool. It is full of people from babies to adults. It is 101 in the shade and the humidity is as nasty. But I just cannot get my body in that pool right now. Is there something wrong with me:confused:

The Ocean not ever a problem but a pool with babies diapers and others and heat well its a nasty soup no matter how much chlorine is in the water.

And the mommies will have a screaming fit if someone even suggests their little angels shouldn't be crapping in the pool.:rant:

I never liked public pools for the various cited reason. Swim at home and often alone especially at night. Maggie the English Bulldog needs to take a Red Cross course!!!

I have the same issue and its even worse. I will never take a bath. All I will take are showers. I haven't had a bath since I was a kid. Why would I want to sit in my own dirty water (tub) or someone else's dirty water (pool).

Nothing worse then seeing a kid pull his head out of the water with snot on his nose. He then wipes it into the pool. UGH!!

I have the same issue and its even worse. I will never take a bath. All I will take are showers. I haven't had a bath since I was a kid. Why would I want to sit in my own dirty water (tub) or someone else's dirty water (pool).

I guess you are not a hot-tub guy either?

Ha

I used to be snot-n-poop-phobic, too. Then I had a couple of kids. Nothing phases me now.

Around here, between run-off and sewage dumping the Ocean is probably nastier than any chlorinated pool.

I used to be snot-n-poop-phobic, too. Then I had a couple of kids. Nothing phases me now.

Around here, between run-off and sewage dumping the Ocean is probably nastier than any chlorinated pool.

One Saturday when my first son was about 4 months a bunch of us were eating lunch at a Norwegian cafeteria in Ballard. The usual white grading to yellow stuff. My boy puked in my plate. I just took my fork and shoved the puke over to the edge of the plate and continued eating. I didn't even think about it.

Much later some of the people there who were not yet parents told me that when I did that they almost puked too. :)

Of course, there are a lot of people more fastidious than me even at my most squeamish.

Ha

Had my godson poop and pee on me when I visited early this year. Then I basically got a face full of snot since I have zero parent dodging skills.

So ya..hes a cool little tike. I cant wait till he grows up and we can hit Vegas..:)

Ewwww......there is nothing wrong with you.....I wouldn't get into that public pool either.
As for moving the puke over on your plate and keep eating......I don't think I could have watched that......I would probably have puked as well.

split pee soup.

i like swimming in public pools because they are large enough for doing laps. also i like when others lap in the lanes next to me. backyard pools are a waste of water to me. i swim in the lap pool at the gym or at the huge hall of fame pools in town or the high school pool near my house. but when i was in daytona last week and the hotel pool was filled with little kids, i forwent swimming laps there.

i guess i have less of a problem swimming in adult athletic sweat & saliva than i do with youthful poop & pee.

This thread came at an inopportune time for me, having started to dunk every night in my condo's pool (only 76 homes and not all use the pool, but there are older people (hopefully all are continent) and the occasional grandbaby) and just yesterday trying water aerobics.

Yeah, I could give pools up....but there's always going to be something that's germy or gross. Can't avoid it entirely. The grocery stores got us trained to want and expect to wipe down the carts with the antiseptic cloth and now they are always out of the free ones....

And there's always the deadly tomatoes......:eek:

So it does seem like modern life is fraught with perils...

Yuck, not in a million years would I swim at the pool at the local Y. Heck, I'm grossed out by the parents changing diapers on the benches where we change clothes in the locker room. DH took the niece/nephews to the pool once while sis's DH was deployed, and they had one of those "everybody out for poop patrol" moments. I have never seen someone so stricken as when he had to get back in the pool with the kiddies. I do not think he will ever go back in there and I know I won't!
DH is squeamish about dog and cat puke/poop, but it doesn't faze me too muchl. I am only grossed out by [-]human[/-] children "products". ...just reading Ha's story made me want to hurl! Whuh!

...just reading Ha's story made me want to hurl! Whuh!

Sorry folks, I guess I was tired. :) But seriously, I was likely in less peril than anyone eating from a street vendor in Asia or Latin America. It's what you don't see that can kick you in the a$$.

Ha

I bought a sign for my pool a few years ago-

OOL
Notice there is no P in my pOOL - I want to keep it that way!
Behave yourself!

My kids friends have laways gotten a kick out of it.

I have been swimming daily in public pools for the last 35 years and can not think of a single illness that I could attribute to that. I guess it keeps my immune system tuned up. I now swim with a snorkel and nose plugs so there isn't much chance to get any water internally. My philosophy is that the world is a dirty place, get used to it!

Grumpy

I have been swimming daily in public pools for the last 35 years and can not think of a single illness that I could attribute to that. I guess it keeps my immune system tuned up. I now swim with a snorkel and nose plugs so there isn't much chance to get any water internally. My philosophy is that the world is a dirty place, get used to it!

Grumpy

I will agree with you about the world being a dirty place, however I was just standing at my pool that day looking at all the kids in diapers that were IN the pool and things just did not look well inviting.

Back in the day most pools had wading pools for the kids, now we have pools too small for the community and no wading pools. Someone did say something to some of the mothers this week, boy was that a fun side show!!!

Taking swimming lessons as a kid the instructor told us that the pool would turn red around us if we ever peed in it. I solved that problem by peeing in the pool from the high diving board :D

Back
Top Bottom