I can hear them calling me

We give out the full size bars. I buy 3 boxes and put them on the top shelf in the pantry so they're out of sight. My husband doesn't eat goodies except for popcorn and pretzels. I hide them from me and I'm pretty good about not eating any. Any left over candy goes to work so I'm not tempted.

Mega will power there! No way can I hide goodies from myself!:D

Candy I can resist ! Girl scout cookies especially Samoas . No way . You put them in the freezer and enjoy one cookie at a time .

With my constant weight loss struggle, I refuse to keep candy in the house.

From what F says, there are never any trick-or-treaters on our block. So, it will all work out.

You folks are just too funny.

Years ago, a friend told me about Poor Man's Payday, peanuts and candy corn.

Candy corn was on sale a couple weeks ago at Kroger and we already had peanuts. We bought two bags of the candy corn because it would be nice to "mix up a batch and give it to the kids".

Maybe 1/4 of the second bag of candy corn remains. Almost every evening I measure out a bowl. Oh, this needs more peanuts, wait a few more candy corn....

I have been such a Poor Man's Payday Pig.

We have not been home the last three Halloweens, but looks like we will be this year, so the real (chocolate candy) test is ahead.

Never had a trick-or-treater knock on the door in the 10+ years we have lived here. Nearest neighbors are probably 1/2 mile away and they don't have any kids.

Matter of fact, now that I think about it, no one has ever knocked on our door in all the time we have lived out here in the country. Guess I won't need to install that door bell.:LOL:

I buy the candies I don't really like and still ended up eating 10 boxes of Dots yesterday. I mean, who really eats Dots, they aren't even good and they stick to your teeth. I better eat the rest of them, the boxes are so little...

We will be in NC at Halloween, so we can watch the grandkids trick or treating and watching the grandkids while their parents are moving. I am sure we will be helping with packing also. This will be the first time since 1986 that we will not be home to pass out the candy. We also buy too much, because you would not want to run out.

My daughter's family was home this past weekend, so we could go to the pumpkin patch and corn maze together. She went to Sam's Club and bought me a large bag of the Black and White Popcorn right before they left on Sunday. It has 17 servings at 140 calories each serving. My DH probably ate 1 serving, if he was lucky. I finished the bag last night. I do well at not buying stuff that I really like, but have absolutely no willpower if it is in the house.

We get about a 100+ trick-or-treaters every year. Van loads of kids arrive from the rural parts (which is less than a mile away). We live in a comfortably affluent neighborhood. A house up the street gives away full-sized Hershey bars (well, they work for the company). Anyway, we do not taste before Halloween. Afterward, DH and I pick some of our favorites, then I used to take the rest to work. So what am I going to do now:confused::confused:

We miss the door knockers, only residents get to call. But after Nov 1, there are plenty of bargains!

This year I will not buy until the day before Halloween. That's the only solution that I think will work. Only problem is some years we don't get that many visitors. The candy doesn't go to waste...

We get about a 100+ trick-or-treaters every year. Van loads of kids arrive from the rural parts (which is less than a mile away). We live in a comfortably affluent neighborhood. A house up the street gives away full-sized Hershey bars (well, they work for the company). Anyway, we do not taste before Halloween. Afterward, DH and I pick some of our favorites, then I used to take the rest to work. So what am I going to do now:confused::confused:

After about 95 kids go thru start being very,very generous to the last half-a-dozen trick or treaters......

Mega will power there! No way can I hide goodies from myself!:D

AJA, The top shelf can only be reached with a ladder or a six footer like my husband. Ladder is in the greenhouse. I'm not going out there to lug in the ladder and husband will not give me any candy once it's on the shelf. Bring candy home and get it on the top shelf asap!

I buy the candies I don't really like and still ended up eating 10 boxes of Dots yesterday. I mean, who really eats Dots, they aren't even good and they stick to your teeth. I better eat the rest of them, the boxes are so little...

You really made me laugh! I love Dots and won't buy them. edit to add...I really hate Swedish fish too!

After about 95 kids go thru start being very,very generous to the last half-a-dozen trick or treaters......

I did that one year. If I don't take it to work it goes to a neighbor with kids. It HAS to get out of the house that night or the next morning.

DW looked in the trash can and said "Aha!"

Apparently one whole bag of little Snickers bars has, um, ablated. Yeah, that's it, that's what happened, it ablated!:LOL:

My sister use to say that when she got the bag home from the store she discovered a hole in the bag. She had to taste test them to make sure they were safe for the kids.

How well do you fare in keeping your hands out of the candy jar?
Not well at all. I also hear the siren call. The only thing that works for me is complete abstinence. The worst time is the day after Halloween, when all the candy is on sale for 50% off. Talk about temptation.

Trader Joe's has great chocolate.

Late to the thread - this is like Dave Barry's column about the chocolate bars in the bowl that attack him and make him eat them :)

Back
Top Bottom