i just gave them my notice....

WOW.....

What a bummer to end your work situation on a down note.

But, you should be happy to get out of that negative environment. Hope that's the end of it and you got out before the company emplodes.

Congratulations on your change and I'm sure you will succeed at whatever you do.

thanks for all the kind words.

ima bit nervous, but i think i will be ok

thefed said:
thanks for all the kind words.

ima  bit nervous, but i think i will be ok

It's a shame you had to leave with ill feelings.  Thankfully I avoided that when I left my job three months ago.  Leaving on good terms with friendships intact and predominantly good memories was one of my key goals.  Hopefully your bitter departure is now behind you and you can get on with your new entrepreneural endeavors without looking back.

There's nothing to be neverous about. Your future is in your hands.  Go get 'em!

Thefed, your life will be much improved by your new situation. Pity those left behind.

the conversation went south when he told me i have an altered perception of reality!!! i almost lost it right then and there

I think it's written somewhere in the management tutorial guide that they're required to tell you something along those lines. A couple months back I had a little discussion with my supervisor about how, well, "south" the work environment was heading, mainly because of one person in particular, and all I got was "well maybe it's not that she's doing anything to you, but you're PERCEIVING that she's doing something to you". And then she suggested that I take a coping course.

I came close to asking her if a bear really sh!ts in the woods, or do we just perceive that it does? Looking back I kinda wish I had said that, but my retirement goal date is still about 9 years off. I dunno if I want to make it TOO premature!

Anyway, good luck with your endeavors. It sounds like you made the right decision!

Andre1969 said:
...A couple months back I had a little discussion with my supervisor about how, well, "south" the work environment was heading, mainly because of one person in particular, and all I got was "well maybe it's not that she's doing anything to you, but you're PERCEIVING that she's doing something to you".  And then she suggested that I take a coping course...

Well, that is certainly one way to completely blow it off and do nothing to rectify the situation.  Sounds oddly familiar....

I am not dealing with this 'not working' so well. I've got a knot, like a nervous/anxios knot, in my stomach all the time. Im restless and all that cures it is Captain Morgain...uh oh!!

Seriously, it will be a difficult adjustment it seems. I like to sleep,so sleeping in isnt bad...BUT I also love money, and i already miss my paycheck. I havent signed any new jobs yet...but then again, I only need 3-4 per MONTH..so why am I worrying? I dont know.

My dad is a painting contractor, and has a job next week if I want to work a bit...and to ease this transition, I think I will. I will make about 100 bucks/day for 3 or 4 days...and that's be 30-40% of what I 'need' to break even each month.

Im finishing up my second home rehab as well, so that'll keep me busy. i have the $$$ set aside for construction costs, but now a $40 box of screws makes me pause for a minute..whereas 2 weeks ago I'd grab 2 just to have them.

I've already started consciously limiting my spending...no 24 back of french bread pizza for me :-( It looked so good, but I'm trying teach myself to LBYM.

I'd like to hear what you all do to keep busy. I needa CHEAP hobby. I've already decided to start a weight lifting routine again on OCT 1. That usually keeps me focused for about 6 months. I'd also like to buy a kayak which I assume I can lug around in/on my van. When the wether breks in spring I think that would be some fun....and good exercise. I'm going to organize the garage this winter, and maybe put up sopme new doors in the house

Sorry for rambing,,,,I guess I have no point. Thanks for listening

Jason

Jason, you have so much energy you make me tired.  ;)

How about going on some adventures with your kid?  You don't always have to be accomplishing something.

thefed, give some time and I think you will settle into your new routine just fine. Its not easy to give up a good, deep rut you have been deepening for several years, but now that you have climbed out you haven't quite gotten used to being able to see the horizon yet. Give it some time. how about a camping trip to a state park? Or maybe a nice, long hike.

Thanks Brewer.

Wow how things have changed!!! I have gotten so much work its crazy. Working 10 hour days non-stop for the last 12 days!! But it's worth it...

SINCE September 30th (10 days ago), I've made what I would've made in SIX WEEKS at my old job.

And I have a lot lined up....equivalent to four weeks of pay from ymy old 9-5 job.

I cant believe it....there's no big whopper jobs (one is pretty decent though, and looks like it could turn into a LOT more work)....most of the jobs are simple 100-300 dollar jobs.

Thanks for all of your suppot, I just wanted to share.

I'm not ER, but I am enjoying every minute of working for myself!!!

We knew you'd do well. Good for you! Got that solo 401k set up already?

haha not yet.

things are SOOO busy its crazy. im on pace for at least SIX times my normal 9-5 jpb pay this month. i am in awe. we are swamped, and lots lined up...

Congratulations!!! Don't forget to keep your life in balance.

My son and DIL have a business. Med jobs that turn over (with $), and cause less grief than big jobs where you can be out on a limb $ and time wise.

WOW guys (and gals), I've been SUPER busy. Im right now expecting to make about SEVEN months worth of my old 9-5 job pay in October alone (bring home)!! I am working a lot...yes....but MAAAAAAAAAN this is a lot of $$.... I dont mind working a 10hr day and coming home with a pocket full of cash or a nice check.

I've only had one bigger job, which accounts for approx 1/4 of the profit this month. Other than that, referrals have been coming, other companies are reccommending us...it's great. I've done plenty of air duct jobs, fixed a few leaky toilets, repaired some drywall and plaster, installed tile in a bathroom, installed a furnace and h2o tank, etc.

I finally sprung for some new uniforms, post-cards and brochures. I dont mind it when I'm able to reduce my advertising costs to LESS than $100/month!! Cant beat that.

Well...just wanted to stop in, read a few threads, and let you all know how its going.

see ya!

I'm glad your happy. Hope it keeps working out for you and that you retire wealthy whenever you're ready. :)

thefed said:
WOW guys (and gals), I've been SUPER busy. Im right now expecting to make about SEVEN months worth of my old 9-5 job pay in October alone (bring home)!! I am working a lot...yes....but MAAAAAAAAAN this is a lot of $$.... I dont mind working a 10hr day and coming home with a pocket full of cash or a nice check.
Good for you fed. Now that all thta loose cash is coming in, don't forget to file your income tax returns. You don't want to end up on the alternative retirement plan discussed in another thread.

donheff said:
Good for you fed. Now that all thta loose cash is coming in, don't forget to file your income tax returns. You don't want to end up on the alternative retirement plan discussed in another thread.

Hi thefed , some how I missed this post earlier and just read through it now. I felt really bad about how things turned out with you at you're old job although I can relate and had somewhat of a similar situation. It's good to hear that you're really busy and just wanted to agreed with donheff and also mention to keep all your paper work in order and make sure above all that you have insurance. It only takes one job to go sour and you could loose everything.

Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom