I just got done modifying my son's PowerWheels

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I got an old silverado PW from a family member with no battery. So I got 2 new batteries and kicked it up to 18v (50% more speed).

Then I painted some racing stripes on the truck, removed some decals, blacked out the rims, and re-painted everything

i'm waiting on my remote kill switch to come by mail (just like a keyfob...but it kills the engine and engages the brakes if need be)

This was his first time ever in PW. I THINK 18v is too much...so I'm going to take it down a notch to 6v and work with him there. The 18v setup has so much torque that he just spin the tires...even in the grass! He about freaked when he did an accidental 360 degree burnout....it's soo awesome. Took my little buddy a bit to warm up to all that horsepower...but now he loves it...

I got an old silverado PW from a family member with no battery. So I got 2 new batteries and kicked it up to 18v (50% more speed).

Then I painted some racing stripes on the truck, removed some decals, blacked out the rims, and re-painted everything

i'm waiting on my remote kill switch to come by mail (just like a keyfob...but it kills the engine and engages the brakes if need be)

This was his first time ever in PW. I THINK 18v is too much...so I'm going to take it down a notch to 6v and work with him there. The 18v setup has so much torque that he just spin the tires...even in the grass! He about freaked when he did an accidental 360 degree burnout....it's soo awesome. Took my little buddy a bit to warm up to all that horsepower...but now he loves it...

Ok now from the physical ed guy here. Make sure he uses a bike and a tricycle to build up some muscles!! I see so many SOFT boys these days even in the late elementary grade levels. Yes they have been sitting in front of TVs video games and computers and not doing enough physical activity...... Off soap box now.....

I bet that TRUCK IS FANTASTIC!!! PICS:confused:

oh yeah,he gets real exercise...no video games yet, tv down to about 2 hrs daily.

heres a shot of the truck...unfinished....still have decals to add, a few parts to paint etc....this was after he wrecked and the hood wont go down...but you get the idea...im thinking of switching from the two tone to straight black....but keeping the hood with the stripes....i also painted him some windows and a windshield

warning: the mohawk you are about to see was not authorized by dad. it was cute for 10 minutes last year...but the wife thinks it's going to be permanent this summer. not happening.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o289/thefed17/camaro/05-02-08016.jpg

My sons hummer runs at 12v and will do 5mph even up a steep hill.

Thats plenty fast enough.

He drives it to the park and back, probably a full mile and sometimes we take it around the subdivision. Pretty amazing how long the battery lasts.

cute n fuzzy : at somepoint he will outgrow the PW...at which point you can add 6v and watch the magic happen!

moemg: thanks!

Hmm, well he's already been thoroughly scoping out the gas dune buggy at costco and there is a gigantic four wheel drive park just a few miles from here...so I think he's going to go from electric straight to upside down and sideways at 40mph.

Great job on the Power Wheels Silverado. We have done a restoration on a 2000 Power Wheels Silverado for our 3-yr old grandson. We have repainted it and put the decals on, but cannot find the windshield decal anywhere online. Fisher Price no longer has them for any of the Silverados. Did you get a new windshield decal for your Silverado. If so, can you please tell me where. Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom