I-SoldIt.Com Sucks Dot Com

Craig

Full time employment: Posting here.
I've recently learned that this franchise operation services some sellers by selling their unusable, broken crap "as is", but misleading buyers by pointing out immaterial cosmetic issues while overlooking the fact (any lying by omission) that an item doesn't mechanically work at all.

Seems like a cute idea ... gee, we didn't sell you a piece of crap ... we just represent the ultimate seller, and don't know about the item ...

I've had dozens of successful transactions on eBay, and have found it to be a great tool up until now ... but I-SoldIt looks pretty sad.

Anyone else with similar experiences?

I never buy anything from ISoldIt auctions, mostly because they charge outrageous prices for shipping and handling. Sorry you were burned by them.

I have a small collection of vintage electornic gear related to the early days of shortwave radio. Years ago, I tried buying a couple of pieces off Ebay. I discovered that you can, with 100% confidence, assume that a piece offered for sale by a third party company such as ISoldIt will have defects not included in the description. It seems some hobbiests quickly figured out that the way to keep from lying to fellow hobbiests about equipment's condition was to pay the fee for a third party to sell it. The third party makes a statement that they don't have the test equipment or knowledge to perform a full test but that "it appears to be in good condition but sold as-is." Of course, oh surprise, the equipment turns out to have a major defect.

If an item is not for sale by the actual owner and if the actual owner is not knowledgable, willing to provide a phone number and willing to discuss the equipment for sale on the phone, I don't bid.

Considering the boorish behavior of the franchise operator, and many other stories like youbet offers, I may help a not-for-profit group put up a site at I-SoldItSucks.Org and allow folks to post similar experiences ...

Back
Top Bottom