Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
For the first time in almost a month I'll be able to take the motorcycle out and put some miles on it. Wed and Thurs are forecast to be sunny with temps in the high 50s and mid 60s respectively.

I'll remember to not move to Seattle!
I ride year round in Seattle - snow/ice excepted. They invented Gortex for a reason.

DD

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2011, 01:56 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
I'll remember to not move to Seattle!
yes! The plan is working to keep the rest of the country believing we are waterlogged up here!

Actually it isn't as bad as I perhaps led on. Just after several months you do grow tired of the cloudy rainy weather. But in general it probably rains less here then many parts of the country. I hear that Chicago actually has a higher annual rainfall then Seattle does, but I imagine they get there is larger quick doses then we do. We don't even make the top ten--heck we don't even make the top 40 :

Seattle Doesn

I haven't owned an umbrella in all my time here in Seattle, rarely do you need it (the day I wrote the OP you did) but typically you don't. Just a little mist or a light rain on/off throughout the day is more typical.

But after five months of it, well it does tend to get a little old! But spring is coming, we have flowers now in our yard. We even just got a call from our agent that someone saw our old house and really likes it, so maybe a offer is forthcoming too? Ahh..spring is here! Keeping my fingers crossed, and brushing the moss off now.

Old 04-03-2011, 02:25 PM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Sunny and 80 here today, but windy. Suppose to be stormy tomorrow with possible tornado's. Never know what you going to get this time of year in the South. But, after Monday the weather suppose to be nice. Just in time for my trip to the Masters. Drive over Tuesday(also play golf along the way) and go to Wed practice round.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #24
Give me a forum ...

Spring has arrived. My crocus are blooming and the tulip leaves are up about 2 inches. Early morning birdsong is back. The maple trees are being tapped by local home syrup makers.
There is much more daily sunshine versus endless cloudy days. My cabin fever is almost cured.
The temperatures are still ranging between 30F and 50F, closer to 30 for the past week. Any frozen precipitation (no more saying the "s" word from here forward in time) will quickly melt away.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #25

Rain? What is this thing called "rain" of which you speak?
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

RIP to Reemy, my avatar dog (2003 - 9/16/2017)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:11 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

We have had gorgeous days . Sunny ,high 70's and just perfect except for Tuesday when it poured and we had huge wind gusts . We lost power for four hours and our phone is still on the fritz.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #27
Give me a forum ...

I remember that, in a past post, the OP said he had to catch a ferry to go to Seattle to work (showing off my memory again ).

There are places around the Puget Sound that have higher total rainfall than Seattle. I have read that the wind pattern around the Olympic mountain causes varying microclimates around it. For example, Sequim is significantly drier than Port Angeles, and the two towns are less than 20 miles apart.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #28
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
I remember that, in a past post, the OP said he had to catch a ferry to go to Seattle to work (showing off my memory again ).

There are places around the Puget Sound that have higher total rainfall than Seattle. I have read that the wind pattern around the Olympic mountain causes varying microclimates around it. For example, Sequim is significantly drier than Port Angeles, and the two towns are less than 20 miles apart.
Wow--good memory! Yes I do take the big boat to work in Seattle most days. Seattle is protected by the Olympics as is Sequim, they are both in the 'rain shadow'. But there are parts of the Olympics that get tons of water--thus the name Olympic Rain Forest!

NW-Bound - I assume that stands for North West Bound? So does that mean you are heading up this way when you retire? If you are ever up this way, give me a shout and I will lay one of my home brews on you, then take you out for a real beer!
Old 04-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #29
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakuna matata View Post
So how is your weather these days?

Yesterday - 62 and sunny
Today - 64 and sunny
Old 04-03-2011, 06:08 PM   #30
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakuna matata View Post
NW-Bound - I assume that stands for North West Bound?
Yes, it is. For many years, I thought I would retire up there. I even went up once, just to look at some homes in Port Ludlow. But I am not sure anymore; too many roots where I am now.

I have spent enough vacations up there, so do know a bit about the area. And thanks for the offer. I'll remember it when I get out of my INTJ mode.