Identity Theft Scam

Eagle43

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This forum is smarter than this, but just so y'all know. The scam is you get a call saying you're having a warrant issued for your arrest because you didn't show up for jury duty. Victim expresses surprise, says he/she never got notified. Caller says he'll check, and asks for ssan. Bam! You're it. BTW:Apparently this has been going on since last year,but it's first I heard of it.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/juryduty.asp

Theres another one going around that nearly tagged me a few weeks ago. Guy calls and leaves you a message that your master card is going to be suspended due to suspected fraud. Asks you to call a number and verify you still have the card. If you call the #, they ask you your mothers maiden name, the code on the back of the card, etc, then tell you all is well. Then they start charging your card.

I got the call, but called the main mastercard # on the back of the card instead. No record on their end of any problems with my card or any calls made requesting further info.

Anyone calls you about anything, you call them right back on the number listed on your card, or the main number at the police department or court making the call.

Back
Top Bottom