If An Intruder Entered Your Home What Would You Do?

If an intruder entered your home what would you do?

• Shoot

Votes: 63 40.1%
  • Wish I had a firearm so I could shoot

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • Call police and hide (outside if you're feeling lucky...)

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Hand over my valuables and hope the intruder goes away

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Don't know

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • While looking over barrel of S&W-Ask "Have You Given Much Thought To Early Retirement? - Well Have Y

Votes: 18 11.5%
  • Try Out Moves Just Learned in "Discovering Karate" class

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sneak Up On Him And Yell In His Ear

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Sneak Up On Him And Kiss Him On His Ear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ask Dog To Show Him Out

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Shake spouse awake and say "Greg, Greg, I hear something"

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Walk Up To Him And Say In A Wide-eyed Intimidatingly Scary Mysterious Foreign Accent - Heh, Want To

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Show Him Your Pumpkins

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
Re: If An Intruder Entered Your Home What Would You Do?

Call 911, put down my shotgun, and pull the dogs off the poor bastard.

heh heh heh

First he'd fall over the pile of kids toys littered everywhere, spraining his ankle and cracking his head open.

Then I'd pound him for about 10 minutes.

Whatever is left the dogs can eat. Otherwise into the composter.

#1 pepper spray
#2 get family and dogs out of the place
#3 call police
#4 knock on neighbor's door for help

In the words of the southern sheriff: "BLAM!!! HALT!!!"

I'd tell him/her to say "hello to my little friend" !

HFWR said:
In the words of the southern sheriff: "BLAM!!! HALT!!!"

:LOL:

Isnt there a second or third "BLAM!" before the "Halt"?

If the intruder is stupid enough to enter while my Rottie is snarling and growling at them they will be shot, center mass, two times. Since we do not have a hardline phone it will take a few seconds to retrieve my cell phone and call the po-po, so the poor, dumb SOB will probably bleed out on my light beige carpet.

By the time he walked up the three flights of stairs he'd be so winded I could probably just knock him over the railing into the bay and he'd become shark bait.

While looking over barrell of your S&W - You Ask "Are You Ready For Early Retirement? - Well Are You Punk?"

S&W Model 27, 357 Magnun, Nickel Plated, Walnut Grips. Loaded and close at hand!

12 gauge Remington shotgun. Loaded and close at hand, also!

A steady hand.....A gentle squeeze! 8)

Our family ALWAYS has had firearms in the house, and all family members (from grade school age on up) have been trained in there use and handling. As kids, we were given our first gun....usually a .22 rifle, when we were in about 3rd grade. I was also trained NEVER to point a gun at someone unless I fully intended to blow there worthless *ss off the face of the fricking earth!!! I guess ya can take Billy outta da hills....but ya ain't never gonna take the hills outta this Billy!!!

Our house has an alarm, so if they're dumb enough to continue in, then their dumb enough to die for their stupidity!!!

We were always told to make sure that the son of a bitch intruder was far enough into the house before you shoot his his worthless *ss, so that he wouldn't accidently fall back outside of the house. You want to make sure the police can CLEARLY see that he was indeed and intruder IN your house, and NOT just standing on the porch looking in!!!

Could I shoot another human being? HELL yes!! I would have NO qualms at all!!! Especially since I really don't like most humans all that well anyway! :D

goon

frayne said:
I'd tell him/her to say "hello to my little friend" !

You're gonna whip out your d*ck? :LOL:

No problem here in MS. State law allows use of force to defend self and they don't have to be inside the house.
So stay out of the house, off the porch and off the property.

HFWR said:
You're gonna whip out your d*ck? :LOL:

:LOL: Dang and I almost went there.

Could be an an interesting maneuver...guy breaks in, sees some guy with his pants down...decides that discretion is the better part of valor and takes off...

Remind me not to break in any of you guys homes! :eek:

Especially frayne's... :p

Azanon said:
Remind me not to break in any of you guys homes! :eek:

[MODERATOR EDIT]

Actually I believe the last credible stat I saw showed that you're far more likely to completely empty a gun and miss on every shot from six feet away than you are to successfully shoot an intruder.

Thats gotta be an awkward moment. You're there with an empty gun. He's there with full underpants. Now what?

I have an ADT home security system that we turn on every night, and we have panic button remotes, contacts the police. We had one false alarm, the siren is ear piercing and the police were there amazingly fast.

I have a fake ADT sign I bought on ebay.

I imagine that nets me about 85% of the value with no false alarms.

Isnt this game sort of another case of "just look less inviting than your neighbors" / only have to outrun the other guy when the bear's chasing you ?

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
I have a fake ADT sign I bought on ebay.

I imagine that nets me about 85% of the value with no false alarms.

Isnt this game sort of another case of "just look less inviting than your neighbors" / only have to outrun the other guy when the bear's chasing you ?

I have no doubt you are correct. But the plan is pretty cheap, we keep getting the trial deal and when that time runs out we threaten to leave and they extend the trial deal.

Side bonus, next door neighbor installs the systems for a living, so his big ADT van is right there. Two cops live in the 'hood as well, so there is always black and whites parked there, too. Now all I have to worry about is the stupid crooks.

[MODERATOR EDIT]

Actually I believe the last credible stat I saw showed that you're far more likely to completely empty a gun and miss on every shot from six feet away than you are to successfully shoot an intruder.

Thats gotta be an awkward moment. You're there with an empty gun. He's there with full underpants. Now what?

This comment is still inappropriate as it is clearly unprovoked, and meant to start a flame war.

Anyone see that old commercial of the intruder knocking out the second-story screen as our intrepid homeowner takes aim, ready to fire as soon as he's sure his bullets won't damage the screen?

The screen falls to the floor, the intruder follows, the homeowner shoots... only to discover that it's his teenage son sneaking back into the house.

I'm going to stick with the "run like a scared bunny" response.

Nords said:
I'm going to stick with the "run like a scared bunny" response.

My choice as well.

Hey Az, learn to take a joke. It was nothing more than one of my usual bad efforts at bad humor.

Back
Top Bottom