In the closet

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
ha...made you look! :LOL:

I haven't looked in this closet for at least 6 or 7 months.. when I pulled the plug I gave one of the salesmen who worked for me about 3k worth of dress cloths, suits and ties. Kept this batch of suits, dress slacks and shirts. In last 14 months I've worn something from this closet twice.

I guess I need to cull some more and keep fewer things. Probably best to donate to Salvation Army.

Decisions, decisions..

Any other thoughts on who to donate to? Who would get the most value out of some pretty nice duds?

Attachments

• IMG_1155.jpg
    IMG_1155.jpg
    697 KB · Views: 10
my nice Italian suits I sold on Ebay for $200-300 each. Some slacks, suits, ties, shirts, I gave to an organization who helps homeless people back on their feet and they use the duds for job interviews, etc.

Any other thoughts on who to donate to? Who would get the most value out of some pretty nice duds?
I've heard of organizations that help people get a suit or nice set of clothes for use in job interviews, etc. IIRC, these might be prison ministries, those that work in job placement for the poor, etc. Apparently, the lack of suitable attire for job interviews, etc is a real stumbling block for folks who have committed to pull themselves up. Sorry, no specifics, but maybe check around your area.
If not, the Salvation Army, Saint Vincent DePaul, etc is as good a spot as any. That's where I'd expect folks who need a suit at a bargain price to go.

Back
Top Bottom