Inexpensive non-prescription lens for frams

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
This post (here), together with W2R's response, brings up a question. Is there an inexpensive way to have eyeglass frames fitted with non-prescription dark lenses? I have some very nice frames I'd like to keep but the nice folks over at Lenscrafters want a small fortune to make the change.

This post (here), together with W2R's response, brings up a question. Is there an inexpensive way to have eyeglass frames fitted with non-prescription dark lenses? I have some very nice frames I'd like to keep but the nice folks over at Lenscrafters want a small fortune to make the change.

Well, Lenscrafters does have a 50% off lenses sale quite frequently. If I bring in the frames, then the lenses would be my only cost. I have no idea how much they charge for plain dark lenses with no prescription.

I got prescription sunglasses from 39dollarglasses.com for $52 a year or two ago. I guess those are toast, too. BTW, they were great for driving and the prescription lenses were just as good as those from Lenscrafters. They do not have the fancy-schmantzy imported designer frames, though.

I have a lot of old prescription glasses, which I plan to take down to Goodwill. But my ultra-expensive frames from last summer would be nice to keep if I can.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll check 39dollar. Also Zenni, as I've only used those two for a few years now. Lenscrafters wanted more for plain lenses than a new pair from Zenni.

Thanks, I'll check 39dollar. Also Zenni, as I've only used those two for a few years now. Lenscrafters wanted more for plain lenses than a new pair from Zenni.

Wow. I won't take mine to Lenscrafters either, then.

For driving I might just get a completely different pair of sunglasses, to get a style that is more wrap around. My trifocals frame would let a lot of light in around the edges.

Back
Top Bottom