Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Interesting Comments from John Kerry:
Old 10-31-2006, 10:13 PM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex
John F'n Kerry is a liability to Democrats and an asset to Republicans. The fact that he's also a condecending, arrogant, pompous ass is just more wood for the fire.
Hey.............oops! Saw the "John" and the other stuff and assumed
this post was about me. Just carry on then.

JG

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2006, 11:41 PM   #42
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

http://early-retirement.org/forums/i...8263#msg188263

When you've screwed up your Presidency this badly, you have to depend on misinterpreting something an ex-candidate says in a speech to take the voters' minds off of your failure.

Old 11-01-2006, 03:21 AM   #43

right on, SGeeeee....

They've kinda beaten the Clinton thing to death, they're still running down Gore, and now Kerry. Easier to keep fighting old elections you've already "won" than to address the current, difficult, issues head-on.

--
I asked in another thread, but no one answered: Are there any Republicans out there who are ashamed of the way the GOP treats actual veterans? ..not just Kerry, but Murtha, Max Cleland, Jim Webb, Wesley Clark, Joe Sestak, Paul Hackett, Patrick Murphy, etc. etc.? Tammy Duckworth!!! Fer chrissakes..

Quote:
Roskam told the crowd at the GOP's campaign headquarters that the "entire world is watching this campaign" against Democrat Tammy Duckworth for the west suburban seat being given up by retiring Rep. Henry Hyde.

As proof, he said a radio producer told him that Al Jazeera--the Arabic language news network--had covered his debate with Duckworth last week. The crowd gasped.

"Now that's a real interesting group that would come out and cover the 6th Congressional District," Roskam observed. "Al Jazeera has an interest in who wins in the 6th Congressional District? I'm telling ya, let's send them an answer, whaddya say?" The crowd cheered.
http://noquarter.typepad.com/my_webl...ps_low_te.html

The woman has her legs blown off and now has to go on the defensive and "prove" that she isn't somehow aligned with "the terrorists"? I always thought it was kind of over-the-top when people called them "Rethuglicans".. no longer.

The new McCarthyism is here in force, but who will stand up and say "Have you no shame!?"

Old 11-01-2006, 03:35 AM   #44
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex
Here is what Kerry said.
what part of that was about Bush? Please, stop drinking the Kool-aid!
Kerry has been critical of the military his entire political career, so this is nothing new.
Hey, good try. But what it shows is how uninformed you are, and how willing to swallow the Rove line. As you would know, if you cared anything about the truth, Kerry was speaking about Bush living in a state of denial immediately before the part about Iraq. It follows, to any normal person, that the conversation continued about Bush, absent any explicit change to the contrary. But don't let facts and reasoning get in your way!
Old 11-01-2006, 03:49 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff2006
Hey, good try. But what it shows is how uninformed you are, and how willing to swallow the Rove line. As you would know, if you cared anything about the truth, Kerry was speaking about Bush living in a state of denial immediately before the part about Iraq. It follows, to any normal person, that the conversation continued about Bush, absent any explicit change to the contrary. But don't let facts and reasoning get in your way!
I have no idea what Kerry did or did not mean on this particular day. But am I to conclude that since what Kerry says should affect my opinion of my own Senator, I also am bound to conclude that all Republican Senators stalk young interns?

I had not expect on this forum of intelligent people to find such a silly discussion. Kerry is a has-been want-a-be. He has nothing whatsoever to add to the conversation that determines my vote.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:05 AM   #46

Quote:
At a black-tie dinner for Radio and Television Correspondents' Association on Wednesday, Bush poked fun at himself and his administration for among other things not finding weapons in Iraq.

At one point Bush showed a photo of himself looking for something out a window in the Oval Office. He said: "Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere."

After a few more slides, there was a shot of Bush looking under furniture in the Oval Office. Bush said "Nope. No weapons over there." Then another picture of Bush searching in his office. He said "Maybe under here."
http://www.democracynow.org/article..../03/26/1551240

Even if you insist on ignoring Kerry's context and intended meaning.. Bush's "joke" was no one-liner or offhand remark. HE SET UP A WHOLE SLIDE SHOW making fun of not finding any WMD in Iraq. He is the president, the Commander-in-Chief, and THAT, boys and girls, is truly sick. Let's keep our eye on the doughnut here, and not on the hole.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:09 AM   #47
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgeeeee
http://early-retirement.org/forums/i...8263#msg188263

When you've screwed up your Presidency this badly, you have to depend on misinterpreting something an ex-candidate says in a speech to take the voters' minds off of your failure.
I take it as a sign of desperation. I mean, why on earth would the right want to talk about how badly they have screwed up in Iraq before the election if they had any other possible topic to trot out?

- Will Rogers
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 07:14 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelfina
http://www.democracynow.org/article..../03/26/1551240

Even if you insist on ignoring Kerry's context and intended meaning.. Bush's "joke" was no one-liner or offhand remark. HE SET UP A WHOLE SLIDE SHOW making fun of not finding any WMD in Iraq. He is the president, the Commander-in-Chief, and THAT, boys and girls, is truly sick. Let's keep our eye on the doughnut here, and not on the hole.
Yep, "W" is a schlemiel. Some folks (not me ) would say "Yeah,
but he's our schlemiel."

JG
Old 11-01-2006, 07:32 AM   #49
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr._johngalt
Yep, "W" is a schlemiel. Some folks (not me ) would say "Yeah,
but he's our schlemiel."

JG
JG, don't take thsi the wrong way, but when I (infrequently) think of the phrase "trailer park republican", a certain two letter moniker comes to miind...

- Will Rogers
Old 11-01-2006, 07:36 AM   #50
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle43
Kerry has handed a Republican Voter Turnout ploy to Mr. Rove on a platter. Kerry hates the military, and that's his perogative. Most left-wingers seem to loathe the military and that's their right, too. But the Republican faithful love the military, love America, want to see victory in Iraq and will associate Mr. Kerry's smarta$$ remark with the Democratic Party. This video will be played in key jump ball states, over and over. It will surely rouse the Republican base that the Dems were trying to get to stay home. And I do believe that off-year elections are about turnout of the base.

Think about the parents and spouses and children of the dead and wounded in Iraq. They're trying to spin it, but Kerry called them stupid. Gawd, he is despicable.

Nominate John Kerry for President. Please. He's a loser. Oh, if the Dems fail in their takeover attempt, make sure to blame JFK... John F. Kerry.
If you think that the BASE needs anything to get out and vote you are deluding yourself.... I am getting call after call to go vote... but guess what... I guess I am that 'liberal' they kept calling me at the conventions as I am sick and tired of the republicans right now... and not dem would ever even consider calling me 'liberal'.... so that puts me in the conservative, libertarian independent... and nothing Kerry or anybody else says from the left will take away the foul smell I am getting from the right.... I am hoping the dems win... let them have another shot at it.. if they fail, back to the rep... who MIGHT have learned a lesson or two after losing... but I doubt it...
Old 11-01-2006, 07:40 AM   #51
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelfina

I asked in another thread, but no one answered: Are there any Republicans out there who are ashamed of the way the GOP treats actual veterans? ..not just Kerry, but Murtha, Max Cleland, Jim Webb, Wesley Clark, Joe Sestak, Paul Hackett, Patrick Murphy, etc. etc.? Tammy Duckworth!!! Fer chrissakes..

Yes....
Old 11-01-2006, 07:45 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345
JG, don't take thsi the wrong way, but when I (infrequently) think of the phrase "trailer park republican", a certain two letter moniker comes to miind...
If you refer to your faithful correspondent here, I doubt if a "trailer park
Repunlican" (God love 'em) would know what a schlemiel is, never mind how to spell it. Or maybe that was not your point?

JG
Old 11-01-2006, 07:47 AM   #53
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr._johngalt
If you refer to your faithful correspondent here, I doubt if a "trailer park
Repunlican" (God love 'em) would know what a schlemiel is, never mind how to spell it. Or maybe that was not your point?

JG
Heh, you are probably right!

- Will Rogers
Old 11-01-2006, 08:00 AM   #54

Quote:
IMO, the only person(s) that'd view CNN as biased would be a religious zealot.
Azanon

This is another inane remark.

I think Kerry was joking, I think he was referring to Bush, and he clearly stepped on his tongue while trying to be clever. But he also has a clear streak of disdain for the military.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:54 AM   #55
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I take it as a sign of desperation. I mean, why on earth would the right want to talk about how badly they have screwed up in Iraq before the election if they had any other possible topic to trot out?
Well, we'll know a LOT MORE next Tuesday night. I predict the Dems will get enough to have a small majority in the House, not sure about the Senate. If it's a Dem House and a Republican Senate, can YOu say STALEMATE??

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:03 AM   #56
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude
If it's a Dem House and a Republican Senate, can YOu say STALEMATE??
Works for me, especially if it encourages bipartisanship.

- Will Rogers
Old 11-01-2006, 10:09 AM   #57
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Ditto.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:17 AM   #58
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Don't know.............I think the Senate is where most House Bills go to die, much like the Oakland Raiders are the graveyard for all Heisman trophy winners............

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote