It's Bush's Fault, But of course

atla said:
I just want to know where the fiscal conservative Republicans are. We need them now.

I assume there are still some around. Gutless?

JG

MRGALT2U said:
Bosco..............you need to relax man. Besides, this is old news. Sit back
and chill. Maybe with a nice chocolate drink :)

JG

might as well relax. Can't count on either party to behave sanely. Not too sure about the chocolate. I'm thinking beer..... :D

I think Bill Maher said it best when he pointed out that both parties behave idiotically, but that the Republicans are definitely meaner than the Dems.

moghopper said:
True. Also here's a tip: if you've been through a hurricane, and you find yourself getting hungry or thirsty, steal a large television or other electronic equipment. I hear it helps.

This is also Bush's fault. He secretly created a new cabinet post combining the NRA, Right to Life, Promise Keepers, Silver Ring Thing, FairTax.org and Bill O'Reilly and sent them to New Orleans to tell those people that there was Humanitarian Daily Rations stored inside those TV sets. While those were being collected the new cabinet group rounded up all the rabbits with pancakes on their heads and sent them to India in kayaks taking away the jobs of hundreds of pancake rabbit herders. The group is now comosing a proposed consitutional amendment to prohibit reusing or sectioning dryer sheets. And then they posted "Nazi" and "Hitler" to this thread.

Really. It's true. All us liberals know it.

Couldn't resist.....(Bill Mahers open letter to W)

Mr. President, this job can't be fun for you any more.  There's no more money to spend--you used up all of that.  You can't start another war because you used up the army.  And now, darn the luck, the rest of your term has become the Bush family nightmare: helping poor people.  Listen to your Mom.  The cupboard's bare, the credit cards maxed out.  No one's speaking to you.  Mission accomplished.

Now it's time to do what you've always done best: lose interest and walk away.  Like you did with your military service and the oil company and the baseball team.  It's time.  Time to move on and try the next fantasy job.  How about cowboy or space man?  Now I know what you're saying:  there's so many other things that you as President could involve yourself in.  Please don't.  I know, I know.  There's a lot left to do.  There's a war with Venezuela.  Eliminating the sales tax on yachts.  Turning the space program over to the church.  And Social Security to Fannie Mae.  Giving embryos the vote.

But, Sir, none of that is going to happen now.  Why?  Because you govern like Billy Joel drives.  You've performed so poorly I'm surprised that you haven't given yourself a medal.  You're a catastrophe that walks like a man.  Herbert Hoover was a shitty president, but even he never conceded an entire city to rising water and snakes.

On your watch, we've lost almost all of our allies, the surplus, four airliners, two trade centers, a piece of the Pentagon and the City of New Orleans.  Maybe you're just not lucky.  I'm not saying you don't love this country.  I'm just wondering how much worse it could be if you were on the other side.

So, yes, God does speak to you.  What he is saying is: “Take a hint.”

MRGALT2U said:
That is, I would vote for a yellow dog as long as it was
ultra-conservative (assuming I actually voted) :)

If God wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates. ~Jay Leno

Don't vote, it only encourages them. ~Author Unknown

If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal. ~Emma Goldman

bosco said:
I think Bill Maher said it best when he pointed out that both parties behave idiotically, but that the Republicans are definitely meaner than the Dems.

People have felt this way from the start of the republic. Just put in "Whigs" and "Federalists" instead of "Democrat" and "Republican"

xavion said:
Way to tap-dance around all the points brought up by Eagle43...

Seems to me that the knee-jerk response of some on the left is to bring out the Bush-bashing talking points when someone dares question the state and local response to the crisis.  After all, the local politicans were predominately Democrat, and we all know Democrats can do no wrong...  ::)
This seems to be standard neocon tactics these days. If someone points out failures of Bush, they aim the Rove attack machine at a Democrat and draw attention away from Bush's failure. Apparently they feel that if they splatter enough blame and accusation elsewhere, then Bush is exonerated. So far, this seems to work with their knee-jerk core supporters.

I can't help but wonder if they fall for this childish diversion with their own children. When they discover their child doing something wrong, do they withdraw objection if the child says, "Billy was doing it too"?

Bush really f#cked up with FEMA and the Katrina response. I'm sure other's screwed up too. But that does not exonerate Bush. He really f#cked up badly. Let's be clear. He chose to do the things that are bankrupting this country -- granting massive tax breaks to the wealthy elite without cutting spending to correspond with these breaks and waging a personal war on Iraq without making budget adjustments to pay for it. These choices really limit how we can respond to Katrina. He chose to send hundreds of thousands of National Guard troops to Iraq without considering the effect of internal response for emergencies. He chose to sit in Crawford on vacation for a full day without making any response after Katrina. He chose to put FEMA in the hands of a horse dealer.

:)

the following is an open letter from Bill Maher to George W. Bush
Mr. President, this job can't be fun for you any more. There's no more money to spend--you used up all of that. You can't start another war because you used up the army. And now, darn the luck, the rest of your term has become the Bush family nightmare: helping poor people. Listen to your Mom. The cupboard's bare, the credit cards maxed out. No one's speaking to you. Mission accomplished.

Now it's time to do what you've always done best: lose interest and walk away. Like you did with your military service and the oil company and the baseball team. It's time. Time to move on and try the next fantasy job. How about cowboy or space man? Now I know what you're saying: there's so many other things that you as President could involve yourself in. Please don't. I know, I know. There's a lot left to do. There's a war with Venezuela. Eliminating the sales tax on yachts. Turning the space program over to the church. And Social Security to Fannie Mae. Giving embryos the vote.

But, Sir, none of that is going to happen now. Why? Because you govern like Billy Joel drives. You've performed so poorly I'm surprised that you haven't given yourself a medal. You're a catastrophe that walks like a man. Herbert Hoover was a ****ty president, but even he never conceded an entire city to rising water and snakes.

On your watch, we've lost almost all of our allies, the surplus, four airliners, two trade centers, a piece of the Pentagon and the City of New Orleans. Maybe you're just not lucky. I'm not saying you don't love this country. I'm just wondering how much worse it could be if you were on the other side.

So, yes, God does speak to you. What he is saying is: “Take a hint.”

ok, ok, it might be a tad unfair in places but it sure hits the nail on the head in some...

Seems to me that the knee-jerk response of some on the left is to bring out the Bush-bashing talking points when someone dares question the state and local response to the crisis. After all, the local politicans were predominately Democrat, and we all know Democrats can do no wrong...

Probably just knee jerk reactions of the left!

I just can't wait until the Country gets back to real problems like stains on Blue Dresses and lying about it. It must have been really serious because the President was impeached for it!

Does anyone think this was a knee jerk reaction by the right?

Cut-Throat said:
I just can't wait until the Country gets back to real problems like stains on Blue Dresses and lying about it. It must have been really serious because the President was impeached for it!

Cut-throat,

You think the President lying under oath isn't a serious matter? Maybe your laid back standards of ethics is a result of your political leanings?

Slick Willy should have said, "My fellow Americans: Yeah, she sucked it. So what, I'm human, too. I cheated on my wife. It is a personal matter between Hillary and I. Does anyone have a couch I can sleep on for the next few months while I'm in the doghouse?"

justin said:
. . .
Slick Willy should have said, "My fellow Americans: Yeah, she sucked it.  So what, I'm human, too.  I cheated on my wife.  It is a personal matter between Hillary and I.  . . .
If it's a personal matter, why should he have had to address the country about it? It seems to me that the right insisted that it wasn't a personal matter -- that it was their right to know and judge. Isn't that what you are saying when you indicate that he should have addressed America about it? :D :D :D

justin said:
Cut-throat,

You think the President lying under oath isn't a serious matter?  Maybe your laid back standards of ethics is a result of your political leanings? 

Bush solves this by simply not discussing things under oath.

Marshac said:
Bush solves this by simply not discussing things under oath.

Nah, he'd probably perfer to to discuss things under the influence. :D

justin said:
Cut-throat,

You think the President lying under oath isn't a serious matter?  Maybe your laid back standards of ethics is a result of your political leanings? 

Slick Willy should have said, "My fellow Americans: Yeah, she sucked it.  So what, I'm human, too.  I cheated on my wife.  It is a personal matter between Hillary and I.  Does anyone have a couch I can sleep on for the next few months while I'm in the doghouse?" 

Really? - Do you really think that this is anyone's business besides Hillary's? You are very strange indeed if you think a President or even a citizen should be inflicted with this line of questioning?

Maybe your cramped up style of ethics and political leanings does not really understand the concept of Freedom? You can find plenty of countries in the Middle East that are as uptight about sex and freedom as you seem to be.  :confused:

What part of Freedom don't you understand?

Cut-Throat said:
Really? - Do you really think that this is anyone's business besides Hillary's? You are very strange indeed if you think a President or even a citizen should be inflicted with this line of questioning?

Maybe your cramped up style of ethics and political leanings does not really understand the concept of Freedom? You can find plenty of countries in the Middle East that are as uptight about sex and freedom as you seem to be.  :confused:

What part of Freedom don't you understand?

Hey hey hey! You are a "moderator" now. You need to take the "high road"
and not start mixing it up with the "great unwashed". C-T, you need to get a grip, and not let the "little people" get to you. :)

JG

Cut-Throat said:
Probably just knee jerk reactions of the left!

Does anyone think this was a knee jerk reaction by the right?

No!

CT,

You are 100% correct IMHO.

Nobody's business except Bill and Hillary's. (Period)

The only one who deserves an answer to that question is a DH or DW.

MRGALT2U said:
Hey hey hey!  You are a "moderator" now.  You need to take the "high road"
and not start mixing it up with the "great unwashed".  C-T, you need to get a grip, and not let the "little people" get to you.    :)

JG

I'm not a moderator, I am a Liberator! 8)

Give me liberals or give me death!

73ss454 said:
The only one who deserves an answer to that question is a DH or DW.

And not even them if you are any good at lying.

Ha

CT, I don't think you are being fair minded

Let's see,

Clinton did a personal private harmless act and lied under oath to public questions that should have remained private,
the cost for his actions
lives lost = 0
money spent = 0 (not counting congress' witch hunting expenses)

Bush misled (not under oath) the country about the evil "WMD" wielding Sadam and got us into a war and has stretched and weaken this great country.
the cost of his actions
lives lost = 100's of thousands.
money spent = 100's of billion

Now, who should have been impeached?

Clinton, of course. :duh: :duh: :crazy: :crazy: :uglystupid: :uglystupid:

MJ

73ss454 said:
Nobody's business except Bill and Hillary's.  (Period)

I have to disagree to an extent.

I believe if you're going to run for public office, and become a public figure, anything in your past is fair game - whether that is screwing your secretary, your intern, driving drunk, or being a cokehead.

Also, as far as the trial, overblown?  A waste of time?  Sure.  Personally, I don't think it was worthwhile.  However, covering it up, and arguing the meaning of "is" made Bill look like an ass.  He should have admitted it.  I don't think it would have gone away, but he would have come out better, and possibly avoided the trial.

Now, I can only assume everyone will write their congressperson in support of General Byrnes.

I believe if you're going to run for public office, and become a public figure, anything in your past is fair game - whether that is screwing your secretary, your intern, driving drunk, or being a cokehead.

So do you believe, it would be a fair question to ask 'W' about his sex life in his next press conference? Or any President for that matter.

Cut-Throat said:
So do you believe, it would be a fair question to ask 'W' about his sex life in his next press conference? Or any President for that matter.

If he had his own Linda Tripp? Of course.

I'm not really sure when "fair" and "press conference" has come up.

moghopper said:
If he had his own Linda Tripp? Of course.

edit: I should clarify that to mean, I don't expect the press to necessarily go digging for the dirt, no. But if it comes to light, in one means or another, then yes. Did you miss the whole part about W being a drunk:confused:

I'm not really sure when "fair" and "press conference" has come up.

Back
Top Bottom