Jerry Seinfeld on LBYM

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Some people's preoccupation with accumulating stuff, an amusing POV for the LBYMers here I'd guess.

[Setup: The first part follows just after everyone in The Tonight Show audience has been given a 50" Vizio TV, and then Jerry segues into the life of stuff...]

http://youtu.be/HfYzlSNHapA

Last edited:
An edgy monologue. I wonder how the average person in the crowd felt when Jerry called them an idiot. Out Christmas shopping I looked at much of the stuff on offer and shook my head thinking of how the Chinese must just be laughing at us. Who is 'winning hearts and minds' these days.

Some people's preoccupation with accumulating stuff, an amusing POV for the LBYMers here I'd guess.

[Setup: The first part follows just after everyone in The Tonight Show audience has been given a 50" Vizio TV, and then Jerry segues into the life of stuff...]

http://youtu.be/HfYzlSNHapA

Laughed by butt off... thanks for posting:dance:

Thanks for posting...enjoy Seinfeld as he usually has pretty good material. I have a similar viewpoint on "stuff".

Yup, I liked it, too. My wife accumulates and I have to watch my step...
My philosophy is one is safer that way. The day she stops accumulating you might be one of the first things she throws out ...:D

Priceless!

His bits about ebay and personal storage units had me laughing so loudly I scared the cats! He's still got it.

My philosophy is one is safer that way. The day she stops accumulating you might be one of the first things she throws out ...:D

There's a lot of wisdom in that sentence. I have learned to live with it because I would the first thing thrown out otherwise...

Yep, people's homes are just garbage processing centers. There's still a lot to process here, in my place. So, we have not been doing Thanksgiving and Christmas shopping for years. And we stopped giving each other Christmas gifts quite a few years before that.

But it is still fun to go shop groceries for big family parties that we often host. And my children have also learned to get us consumable gifts, when they want to do something for us. Or we go out to dinner together.

Whoa. I'm glad I had my deodorant on before I played this. Very funny but also rough.

Ha

Great. Reminds me of the Seinfeld of old, talking about "going out".

Too funny. I sent it to DH...maybe he'll get the message. Not on the accumulating, that's my job :D, but on getting rid of all the stuff with 'sentimental value.'

Yes I remember that George Carlin bit. Always smiled when the kids were watching Thomas the Tank and he was narrating.

Back
Top Bottom