Jodie Foster

I concur. I just hope we see and hear more from this amazing talent. I got the impression from her speech that she was hanging up her acting hat.

I wonder if she will go into politics?

I wish she would do more work - great actress.
+1, remarkable actor.

As for her speech, I didn't see it. Of course the online reviews vary from positive to (from XFinity)
Jodie Foster's acceptance of the Cecil B. DeMille lifetime achievement award was both touching and bizarre. The actress began her speech with a reference to a 15-year-old "SNL" sketch ("I'm 50!") and went on to make an aggressive statement about keeping her private life private. At the same time, Foster also used the occasion to sort of come out ("I did my coming out about 1,000 years ago.") and sort of retire from acting. All in all, she left more questions than answers.—David Onda

I looked at the video. Maybe she was on something; but since she made no sense, she might fit right into a political career.

Hard to imagine she could lower today's standards.

I saw it - thought she had a few loose marbles, or maybe a few too many glasses of bubbly...

I didn't see it but heard a critique on the radio that sounded like she came across a bit incoherent. Surprised me to hear that, as I like her a lot and always thought she comes across very well.

I wasn't really sure what to make of it - wasn't sure whether she was "acting" her nervousness or whether it was real. Nevertheless, it came across as a bit self-congratulatory to me, which is how many of these awards ceremonies strike me.

This article was perhaps a bit harsh but I do agree with the basic principle - if you truly want privacy in your life, then don't talk about your private life in public. Unless I'm mistaken, Harrison Ford managed to achieve a good degree of separation between his acting career and his private life by simply keeping his private life to himself.

The Sheer Gall of Celebrities Demanding Privacy

my take is just another hollywood flake. don't care about them. they have zero effect on my life. if a movie is good, i will see it. rarely go to see a specific actor/ress. they have no credibiity.

She became more famous because of Hinkley, didn't she?

if a movie is good, i will see it. rarely go to see a specific actor/ress. they have no credibiity.
I wil go a movie if my woman friend wants to see it, and will share ticket costs. I don't expect to like it, if I find myself liking it a little I score it a win. No matter what, I act like I like it; pleasing her is my goal.

If I wish to see a movie, it will be a DVD, and it will have at least one and possibly more attractive women who are at some time in the movie completely naked. It is best if there is some attempt at a story, though I am fairly easy to please on this score.

I would not be interested in seeing Jodie Foster naked, so I have never gone to one of her movies, though I did see a few good ones years back on TV. Taxi Driver, and Backtrack. Both pretty scary movies

Ha

Every time I see her, I can't help but wonder what ever happened to Kristy McNichol.........

A movie I wouldn't have thought I would love: Silence of the Lambs. Both she and Hopkins are amazing in it.

She was great in the movie "Panic Room", with a very young Kristen Stewart, plus Forest Whitaker and a very creepy Dwight Yoakam.

Last edited:
A movie I wouldn't have thought I would love: Silence of the Lambs. Both she and Hopkins are amazing in it.

Don't forget Jodi in Taxi Driver. Or "The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane". First movie I saw her in. She was a kid, but brilliant and wise beyond her years. Amazing performance.

Don't spend 1 second worrying or even interested in the lives or opinions of Hollywierd. Their huge pay checks are their rewards. What if it was company CEO's up there giving speeches and lauding up their success? They would be ridiculed by the public....

I remember her in and old episode of "Kung Fu".

Back
Top Bottom