Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Re: John Galt update
Old 01-24-2007, 09:58 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgeeeee
Tyrants. :P

"And the gods laughed as they watched over the tiny helpless mortals"

"He cares for these helpless mortals......that shall be his undoing"........(Highlander)

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2007, 10:33 PM   #42
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha
I already have deleted certain posts that were clear personal attacks disclosing personal information.
Dang it! I hate it when they do this! I always miss the good stuff!

Old 01-25-2007, 10:44 AM   #43
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Tyrants. :P
Hey, you can BECOME one of the tyrants. Then you'd get to become a do-gooder...or you'll just be absorbed into the cartel and borged into one of them...

Geez Martha, I cant even tell what you took out of my post...which is STILL nicer than the first one I came up with.

Do we get to re-re-re quote some of "the kings" posts where he derides people who said they were leaving and then came back? I was figuring Nords to be good for that almost any minute now.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:06 AM   #44
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Fuzzy Bunny
Hey, you can BECOME one of the tyrants. Then you'd get to become a do-gooder...or you'll just be absorbed into the cartel and borged into one of them...

Geez Martha, I cant even tell what you took out of my post...which is STILL nicer than the first one I came up with.

Do we get to re-re-re quote some of "the kings" posts where he derides people who said they were leaving and then came back? I was figuring Nords to be good for that almost any minute now.
My money's always on Nords for saying things in a mellow manner that have a lot of kick..............

Old 01-25-2007, 11:35 AM   #45

You know people in rereading this thread, somehow I'm not feeling the love like I thought I would. I need to feel the love people. What happened to we're all a happy family?

Old 01-25-2007, 11:43 AM   #46
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Dream
You know people in rereading this thread, somehow I'm not feeling the love like I thought I would. I need to feel the love people. What happened to we're all a happy family?
Don't worry..........I still love ya............

Old 01-25-2007, 12:06 PM   #47
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Dream
What happened to we're all a happy family?
We are, and every family has that one idiot...
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:56 PM   #48
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude
My money's always on Nords for saying things in a mellow manner that have a lot of kick..............
How about this: after months of effort and several lapses, I've decided that it's best to ignore it in the hope that it'll stop feeding off the attention and just go away.

Or else it'll get more & more frustrated and wrap more rope around its neck until we feel it's necessary to ban it.

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:05 PM   #49
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:

. . .
I have more faith in Dory than to believe he would have the bad judgement to make me a modulator. And I have more sense than to accept. I do my best work as an outside instigator.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:07 PM   #50
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I have more faith in Dory than to believe he would have the bad judgement to make me a modulator. And I have more sense than to accept. I do my best work as an outside instigator.
You would make a good one!! My credibility took a severe hit earlier this week when Martha suggested I was "channeling" JG..................

Old 01-25-2007, 02:40 PM   #51
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
I believe it was Groucho Marx who said " I would never join any club who would have me as a member" words to live by........shredder
Old 01-25-2007, 04:26 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan
As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.

LOL!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2007, 10:18 PM   #53
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Hey...same exact rationale I used!

We're thinking way too much alike lately.

Lets gang up and pick on Wab for a while...come on...it'll be fun!
Old 01-25-2007, 10:50 PM   #54

Quote:
Hey...same exact rationale I used!

We're thinking way too much alike lately.

Lets gang up and pick on Wab for a while...come on...it'll be fun!
I don't know. He can be mean. I try to avoid mean people. Maybe that makes me an introvert.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:44 AM   #55
Give me a forum ...

Come on...he's hanging out with 8 year olds. Whats the worst thing he could do...try to touch us with some dog poop on a stick? A wedgie? Noogies?
Old 01-26-2007, 10:10 AM   #56
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Come on...he's hanging out with 8 year olds. Whats the worst thing he could do...try to touch us with some dog poop on a stick? A wedgie? Noogies?

Old 01-26-2007, 10:18 AM   #57
Give me a forum ...

Okay I'm a little curious .Why is John Gault such a legend ?
Old 01-26-2007, 10:21 AM   #58
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg
I'll post a Dirty Harry reply: "You're a legend in your own mind".............

Old 01-26-2007, 10:48 AM   #59
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg
What a great question.

I used to like him because even though everybody knew he was full of crap, rarely told the truth about anything, and contributed no practical or usable advice he was sort of a fixture...you knew what you were going to get and you usually werent disappointed.

Heck, when people picked on him (sometimes newbies overwhelmed by the odor of BS, sometimes old timers just getting tired of the same old BS), I often PM'ed them and asked them to chill out. Johns just being john...harmless old fart with no money and no self esteem thats trying to pump himself up in a virtual world and pass the time away.

Later, I just couldnt stomach the 8 irrelevant serial posts in a row in nearly every single thread that made it a pain in the butt to read the board, just to jack up his post count, and I got tired of the unmoderated personal attacks on myself and other posters.

I personally find it rather difficult to understand how anyone with a grasp of who the guy actually is and how he operates would think much of him or consider him 'legendary' in any way.

But maybe its because I know who he is, where he lives, what he looks like, what his ex wife has to say about him, and what sort of person he really is.

SUCH internet drama...

In fact, heres a satellite picture of his house! (I love doing this... )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rg house.jpg (8.0 KB, 79 views)
Attached Files
File Type: jpg_thumb rg house.jpg_thumb (26.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 01-26-2007, 10:56 AM   #60

Being sort of a Newbie myself and not really interested in increasing my post count, all I can say is OUCH! That being said I guess I just don't know the whole story, or maybe just the 3 sides of the story.