John Galt update

Status
Not open for further replies.
sgeeeee said:
I have more faith in Dory than to believe he would have the bad judgement to make me a modulator. And I have more sense than to accept. I do my best work as an outside instigator. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I believe it was Groucho Marx who said " I would never join any club who would have me as a member" words to live by........shredder

sgeeeee said:
I have more faith in Dory than to believe he would have the bad judgement to make me a modulator. And I have more sense than to accept. I do my best work as an outside instigator. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hey...same exact rationale I used!

We're thinking way too much alike lately.

Lets gang up and pick on Wab for a while...come on...it'll be fun!

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Hey...same exact rationale I used!

We're thinking way too much alike lately.

Lets gang up and pick on Wab for a while...come on...it'll be fun!

I don't know. He can be mean. I try to avoid mean people. Maybe that makes me an introvert. :D

Come on...he's hanging out with 8 year olds. Whats the worst thing he could do...try to touch us with some dog poop on a stick? A wedgie? Noogies?

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Come on...he's hanging out with 8 year olds. Whats the worst thing he could do...try to touch us with some dog poop on a stick? A wedgie? Noogies?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Moemg said:
Okay I'm a little curious .Why is John Gault such a legend ?

I'll post a Dirty Harry reply: "You're a legend in your own mind".............

Moemg said:
Okay I'm a little curious .Why is John Gault such a legend ?

What a great question.

I used to like him because even though everybody knew he was full of crap, rarely told the truth about anything, and contributed no practical or usable advice he was sort of a fixture...you knew what you were going to get and you usually werent disappointed.

Heck, when people picked on him (sometimes newbies overwhelmed by the odor of BS, sometimes old timers just getting tired of the same old BS), I often PM'ed them and asked them to chill out. Johns just being john...harmless old fart with no money and no self esteem thats trying to pump himself up in a virtual world and pass the time away.

Later, I just couldnt stomach the 8 irrelevant serial posts in a row in nearly every single thread that made it a pain in the butt to read the board, just to jack up his post count, and I got tired of the unmoderated personal attacks on myself and other posters.

I personally find it rather difficult to understand how anyone with a grasp of who the guy actually is and how he operates would think much of him or consider him 'legendary' in any way.

But maybe its because I know who he is, where he lives, what he looks like, what his ex wife has to say about him, and what sort of person he really is.

SUCH internet drama...:LOL:

In fact, heres a satellite picture of his house! (I love doing this... :LOL: )

Attachments

• rg house.jpg
    rg house.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 79
  • rg house.jpg_thumb
    26.3 KB · Views: 1
Being sort of a Newbie myself and not really interested in increasing my post count, all I can say is OUCH! That being said I guess I just don't know the whole story, or maybe just the 3 sides of the story.

Just wait, My Dream. You'll get it soon enough! It is unbelievably annoying to even us bystanders. The endless posting...gawd!
OTOH, the garbage does generate some fabulous posts by my heroes, CFB and Nords! :D

Sarah

mclesters said:
Just wait, My Dream. You'll get it soon enough! It is unbelievably annoying to even us bystanders. The endless posting...gawd!
OTOH, the garbage does generate some fabulous posts by my heroes, CFB and Nords! :D

Sarah

Funny thing is that we have the exactly the same number of posts and you seem to know exactly what this thread is all about. I guess I've had blinders on, or maybe I've had a one track mind, wait isn't that the same think. Ha..........I have one more post than now..........how do you like them apples?

:LOL: :LOL: :p :eek:

For me JG has a certain "voice', the voice of my somewhat crazy but interesting uncle who I actually have discussions with.

Look at a recent JG response to a post on national medicine (" Our system doesn't seem marginally satisfactory to anyone.")

That is because we have become a nation of whiners, waiting for someone
(government) to solve our problems. Your government won't solve
the problem. They are the problem.

JG

Now I don't feel this way but I just hear a 'voice' that also needs to be heard & addressed. I think the republicans lost recent elections because the country is evenly divided and they didn't manage that way. Now the democrats get time to lead but will not be effective if they forget they also only have half the votes and need to figure out how to deal with and not ignore 'the voice' . There is a somewhat resentful somewhat blue collar population that went for Regan and is a natural constituency for the democrats, its theirs to lose. They have been losing this group and need to figure out how to reclaim them.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Uh oh, we have another showdown...

Sarahs been around a while longer. Give it time.

Sweet...............it's a fight!! :LOL: :LOL:

Eh, they're both too nice. Best we'd get is a half hearted couple of swipes and then they'd take each other out for coffee.

FinanceDude said:
Sweet...............it's a fight!! :LOL: :LOL:

I'm not really understanding this post but to continue with this thread I must say that I admire JG in that he takes a beating and keeping on ticking. I have to at least repect that part, since I don't know if I could take that many hits and still be standing.

Carrry On Folks!

My Dream said:
I'm not really understanding this post but to continue with this thread I must say that I admire JG in that he takes a beating and keeping on ticking. I have to at least repect that part, since I don't know if I could take that many hits and still be standing.

Carrry On Folks!

Respect someone for being a crank?

My Dream said:
I think the people who've had to moderate his posts (and those put up by another poster claiming to be ex-spouse #2) would agree that dealing with the melodrama is far more of a burden than the putative value of any of his posts.

It's 15 months old, but here's a summary to get you started:
http://early-retirement.org/forums/index.php?topic=4626.msg81017#msg81017

FinanceDude said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Wow............

My thoughts exactly. Hey folks, I just want to learn how to make the most out of my portfolio, did I come to the right forum, or is it that I should stay away from Off Topic unless I bring some of the hard hitters with me?

Just trying to break the tension people........laugh with me ok! ;)

Nords said:
It's 15 months old, but here's a summary to get you started:
http://early-retirement.org/forums/index.php?topic=4626.msg81017#msg81017

That was a classic. You know, I was wondering for a while how much easier things would have gone for [moderator edit] if he'd just figured out how to scan a picture and post it.

However, once his wife did it for him and we saw he was a scrawny, nerdy dork with EEnormous glasses, I changed my mind.

Is that photo still around anywhere?

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Is that photo still around anywhere?

I don't know, but if you found it, it would make great avatar material.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Eh, they're both too nice. Best we'd get is a half hearted couple of swipes and then they'd take each other out for coffee.

No punches! No coffee! Beer instead! I could challenge MyDream to a drinking contest, though! :D
What My Dream doesn't know is that I read a lot more than I post! :D You know the old saying: you have two ears and one mouth for a reason! As we all know, post count does not equal wisdom! :D

Sarah

mclesters said:
No punches! No coffee! Beer instead! I could challenge MyDream to a drinking contest, though! :D
What My Dream doesn't know is that I read a lot more than I post! :D You know the old saying: you have two ears and one mouth for a reason! As we all know, post count does not equal wisdom! :D

Sarah

Wise words! I'll drink to that!

And Nords old post hits it on the head, some of us find it troublesome that certian persons present a misleading story. It's easy to crow about your independence when someone else is paying the bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom