John Galt update

Status
Not open for further replies.
justin said:
I don't know, but if you found it, it would make great avatar material.

That took a while, but...

Attachments

• galt3.JPG
    galt3.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 69
  • galt3.JPG_thumb
    39.2 KB · Views: 2
Nooo....NOW i'm killing you!

Attachments

• galt4.JPG
    galt4.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 49
  • galt4.JPG_thumb
    40.6 KB · Views: 2
Hey, i'll have you know...that took me five seconds to do and while I was doing it my wife looks over my shoulder and says "Who's that doofus?".

Then I had to explain it.

Partway through the explanation I realized how ridiculous all of this is at times.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Eh, I think you're good to go unless you ,,,,, make fun of a mensa member,,,,,

My dad and I both became Mensa members in 1972, I was 14. Being amember does not preclude one from being technologically challenged. LOL, my dad won't even turn on a computer. Allegedly, he's afraid of becoming addicted to the internet.

I don't know this JG cat, but I haven't seen many posts go to 7 pages in less than a week. Offhand I'd say he definitely polarizes the community.

yakers said:
For me JG has a certain "voice',,,,,,that is because we have become a nation of whiners, waiting for someone (government) to solve our problems. Your government won't solve the problem......JG

OK, that part I agree with. After 22 years working prisons I am COMLETELY fed up with people blaming society for their situation and not accepting responsibility for their own actions and the consequences thereof.

For every problem our government attempts to fix they seem to create two more. A vocal majority supported "three strikes, you're out" legislation. But now that they have to PAY for all those thugs they are warehousing they want to scream about how much it costs. So Congress listens to them, cuts our budget, and jeopardizes the safety of my officers by requiring us to reduce staffing.

PS - I don't claim to have the solution.

my spouse sometimes refers to me as "df" ... i trust that means "dear friend". right?

Nords said:
It's 15 months old, but here's a summary to get you started: http://early-retirement.org/forums/index.php?topic=4626.msg81017#msg81017

Whew, that took a long time to get through those 6 pages, but it appears to have been worth it. Although, after reading that old one that Nords linked I think I'm of the same mind as Harry Potter, "I believe I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thank you."

WOW!! Nords, you have a consummate cotrol of the English language and a succinct manner of calling a fart, a fart. No beating around the bush. One of my ER heroes, even if you are a squid.

SEMPER FI!!!

retiredbop said:
WOW!! Nords, you have a consummate cotrol of the English language and a succinct manner of calling a fart, a fart. No beating around the bush. One of my ER heroes, even if you are a squid.
SEMPER FI!!!
Thanks!

retiredbop said:
Whew, that took a long time to get through those 6 pages, but it appears to have been worth it. Although, after reading that old one that Nords linked I think I'm of the same mind as Harry Potter, "I believe I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thank you."

SEMPER FI!!!
:confused: :confused: :confused:

I didn't say it wasn't accurate or appreciated. "Succint"? :confused: Huhhhh? :confused:
:)

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
That was a classic. You know, I was wondering for a while how much easier things would have gone for [moderator edit] if he'd just figured out how to scan a picture and post it.

However, once his wife did it for him and we saw he was a scrawny, nerdy dork with EEnormous glasses, I changed my mind.

Is that photo still around anywhere?

Hey. I got new glasses. Now I look like Teddy Roosevelt. BTW, the
Van Dyke and horns are a nice touch. :)

But seriously folks, I still stand behind all 8000+ posts. The CHPs,
sarcastic, rude, non-PC, provocative, insulting, profane, and just
plain silly. Especially my posts about Nords and CFB. They should be
sharing a cell somewhere IMHO. Gosh, I missed this stuff.

JG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom