Just bought the Asus Eee Pad Transformer

modhatter

Full time employment: Posting here.
Thought I'd start a new thread, cause this is a tablet and a netbook if you so choose.

I did not buy the keyboard/dock station that goes with it. That is optional if you want it.
I will wait until I get my tablet and then decide if I want it. After agonizing over getting the Ipad and reading all your response, (all of which were positive for the Ipad) I just had a hard time forking over the money for it, so I kept reading for days on the Internet about tablets and came across this one. I am posting a link for you that is a YouTube comparison of it next to the Ipad2. I think it is a good review.

YouTube - ‪iPad 2 Vs. Asus Transformer!‬‏

I ordered the 16 gig. one for $399, cause you can add a 32 gig super fast micro card to it, and if you wind up buying the dock, you can add another 32 gig to it.

You can't buy the dock now for actual retail, as scalpers are upping the price on it right now. It retails for $149., but there upping the price now cause there out of stock.(that will change when they get more in) Actually I bought my tablet last night just before they ran out. Today they are higher.

Anyway, thought you guys who haven't had the courage to buy an Ipad yet (like me) might want to take a look at this.

I am convinced however, as far as ease of use and current avail. applications, the Ipad is still the winner, but for those who want more flexibility and don't like being tied to Apple, but still want performance and a great screen, and more features, you might want to consider this.

I have been waiting to see how these Android tablets pan out. Please give us your views after you have it for a while.

I've considered the Transformer, but it's already "dated" technology. That said, the primary advantage it has over other tablets is its memory expansion capability. The iPad2 and similar Android-based tablets don't inlcude this feature, which was an intentional act to create built-in obsolescence.

For you tech junkies out there, take a look at www.engadget.com for the latest tech coming out.

I'm interested in the Eee Pad, but I'm worried about the very substantial number of recent complaints about defective units among the Amazon reviews. Since, I gather, Asus requires users to pay shipping for units returned under warranty, I think it would be wise to buy from Amazon, to get their 30 day return guarantee.

The optional keyboard dock still seems to be selling above MSRP.

I've considered the Transformer, but it's already "dated" technology. That said, the primary advantage it has over other tablets is its memory expansion capability. The iPad2 and similar Android-based tablets don't inlcude this feature, which was an intentional act to create built-in obsolescence.

For you tech junkies out there, take a look at www.engadget.com for the latest tech coming out.

Well, I checked engadget and they have not even reviewed it yet. I agree in six months time there will be even more on the market and even better advancements, but if you want something now, you have to buy what's available now. The Asus Transformer
debuted in US in April, and sold out the entire 600,000 units in a couple of days, They just released more and they are already sold out, except for scalpers inflated prices. You know there is no way to keep current with technology unless we buy new toys, etc. every six months or year, so what are we to do? :confused:

Here's hoping my laptop breaks.

Great comparison video thanks.

Back
Top Bottom