Kentucky Derby

BOBOT

Recycles dryer sheets
Make yer pick & get it here before post time. I'm going with Scat Daddy - though if the Queen is a late entry she might be a contender...

Here's the field.

Winners get bragging rights.

Good luck!

30 years ago, I spent a summer at the track as a bookie for a guy working on the Alaskan Pipeline. I can give you a tip. Don't play the horses.

I don't ever bet, even on a football pool, but for fun, here we go at 6:06 PM eastern:

Win - #9, Liquidity
Place - #6
Show - #11

No edits to come...

9. Liquidity --Doug O'Neill --David Flores --Hasn't won since breaking his maiden at age 2. 30-1

6. Cowtown Cat --Todd Pletcher --Fernando Jara --Has speed. Two graded wins. Don't discount. 20-1

11. Bwana Bull --Jerry Hollendorfer --Javier Castellano --Exceedingly good luck is his only shot. 50-1

[he he he -- good thing I have no real money on this!]

:LOL:

Oh well. [tears tickets up and tries to duck bookies on way out of track...] :D

OKLibrarian said:
Enh...let's say Street Sense.

Congratulations OKLibarian. Beautiful race too- and wow was Calvin Borel the portait of a happy man!

Ha

Worked for two years at the track and on a farm, learned to never ever bet on horses.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Guess this isn't the moment to admit I just picked the name I liked best. Good race though. yet another reason I don't gamble. ;)

I'm impressed that a horse that's blind in one eye was entered. Didn't place well but to run well enough to be even considered for the Kentucky Derby is pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom